Chapter 19 (picture of Mack)

SORRY EVERYONE, HAD NO INTERNET. NEXT UPLOAD WILL HOPEFULLY BE TOMORROW!

love you all xx

p.s the guy on the side is Mack ------->
_______________________________________________________

Leaning forward and wrapping an arm around my waist gently he cups my cheek after the longest moment and the second I felt his breath caress my lips my instincts took over as I did what I did best. Closed my eyes and waited…

And then our lips met…

And I felt the warmth spread through me…

And then I jerked away with a horrified gasp.

~~

Why is he doing this to me? I’m trying to push him away! Can’t he see that?

'Stop! Can't you see I'm trying to push you away?' I asked quietly, painfully as I stepped away only to find my back pressed against the car.

'Why Angel, why are you doing this? Is it because of your father? Because I don't care about-'

'No, Jace, it's not,' tears blurred my vision but as I went to walk away he grabs me by the waist gently and pulls me toward him, our faces and lips only a breath away it made my breathing hitch.

I swallowed, eyes dropping down to his lips immediately as tingles exploded around my body.

'What is it then Angel?' he asks quietly, hurt and pain filling his features yet again it seemed so wrong on him... so so wrong...

'Let me go,' I sobbed trying to push him off, 'please, just let me go.'

But he shakes his head and tightens his grip around me it made me yearn for more of him but my heart could take no more.

'Jace-!'

'Tell me, please, just tell me. Why are you trying so hard to push me away?' he persists voice starting to get louder as I shoved against his chest over and over.

‘Please,’ I begged hitting him now by how much I wanted, no needed, to get away from him before I do anything stupid.

‘Just tell me Claire, help me out here,’ he says only tightening his hold so I bodies were pressed so close it was intoxicating.

Claire…

'I'm dying okay?! I'm dying and I don't want to hurt you any more than I already have... I'm... I'm dying,' by now I've stopped hitting and shoving on his chest and his hold around me had slackened I wondered if they were even still on me.

His emotion? I wasn't so sure considering tears were officially running down my cheeks and blinding me.

'Does... does Mack know?' he ask quietly, and when I gave a soft push he finally lets me go and steps away.

I sniffed and shook my head, 'no. And I'm planning to keep it that way because I'm leaving soon,' I smiled through my tears sadly, 'I'm leaving and you're both going to be okay with it,' I said stepping away and rubbing away my tears.

'No. No I'm not going to be okay with it-'

'You will Jace... because if you liked me as much as you say you do… You'd leave me be,' I turned and walked off then, walking fast, walking away.

Why did he have to come? Whywhywhy?

More tears blurred my eyes as uncontrollable sobs broke through me with each step I took as I picked up speed, soon finding myself running to whoknowswhere.