Chapter 21

ARGH. i am so sorry, from the bottom of my heart, for the slow uploads!!! first - had no internet. AND NOW. i have exams coming up so i've been catching up on homework and trying to study..... yeah.. trying.... *cough*

anyway. i'm sorry this chapter short as, but I promise to upload the next chapter by... next week? idk. :/

BTW IT'S MAH BIRTHDAY ON THE 20TH YAYAYAYAY. so close~

enjoy xo

___________________________________________________________

I walk out of class, eyes staring at nothing in front of me as I kept walking, mind going blank as I knew everyone would part as I walked by.
And then I bumped into someone.
And they fell over.

~~

Tumbling to the ground the girl lets out a yelp and cry though no one made a move to catch her as it all happened so quickly.

Wide eyed I open my mouth but the apology died in my throat almost immediately as I realise who was sprawled at the ground near my feet.

Kimberly. The head cheerleader who had consistently bullied me throughout high school, worse than everyone else, even when I was named “off-limits” by Mack.

Everyone stopped and stared.

Kim pulled herself into a sitting position, cradling her injured arm.

‘This is my Cheerleading arm!’ she cried out glaring up at me but faltering slightly as she realised who had bumped into her, looking as if she was waiting to be helped off the ground. I guess I’ve gained a couple of pounds.

Round of applause to Mack and his family no doubt.

I stared.

No one moved.

She looked as if she had been physically slapped, before wincing and pulling herself up lamely. She looked around. People shifted. No one said a thing, the air thick as if they were waiting for us to fight.

‘Well. Aren’t you going to say sorry?’ she demanded. ‘I think you broke my arm!’ she seemed horrified, eyes shining with unshed tears.

I cocked my head to the side, staring at her hunched figure as she cradled her arm. And for once, I think she was only affected by the fact that no one made a move to help her; no one made a move to say something crude to me for the sake of her.

‘Why would I do such a thing?’ I asked a small amused smile creeping to my lips as I held her gaze unflinchingly.

Her eyes widen, mouth opening as she gaped as she seemed genuinely horrified by my question. But for a long moment she seemed to hesitate, realising I just spoke.

‘You broke my arm!’ she practically caws eventually.

‘It isn’t like you’re that good at cheerleading anyway,’ I said dismissively.

People around us snicker. Some gasp.

She gasps; hurt filling her features before she clenches her jaw and narrows her eyes as she clearly tried to hide her anger and the want to hit me. To do something. But she couldn’t. Because Mack was here. And even he said nothing at all.

He was watching. Waiting.

Just like everyone else.

Her arm wasn’t broken though, that much I knew, it would take a lot more than falling clumsily to the ground to break it… Something like my fathers’ strength…