Chapter 5

http://www.wattpad.com/8628888-things-and-stuff-what-i-hide

poem by shorty_with_ideas

___________________________________________________

When consciousness decided to come back to me I couldn’t even move an inch, my whole body throbbing and burning with pain. I don't know how long I’ve been unconscious for, but hell, I wish I never woke up.

I looked at the doorframe which no longer had a door in it and swallowed, shut my eyes again and focusing all my senses on my surroundings; listening to whatever was in the house.

It was quiet, too quiet, and I suddenly feel my pulse pick up. I didn't like the quiet, I didn't like a lot of things, but this – it frightened me more than hospitals and plain white walls.

I strained to hear something, anything, but I knew that my father was either passed out in the lounge or went out to buy more beer.

I moved slowly, carefully, ignoring the pain as I stretched a little so my body wasn't stinging with pain in my ribs since I was lying on my side, arm twisted beneath me and cutting my breathing short just that little. I roll onto my back and blinked, forced away the pain and got out my iPod which never fails to stay in one piece.

The date my iPod showed was Thursday, November 15, 5am. I blinked. But it was the 12th the last time I remembered.

I was unconscious for 3 days? I shudder and wonder what my dad had told the school when they rang about my absence? Mental issues again? Hospital? No, he'd need a certificate for that. Sent me off on a holiday? Hah! Even that almost made me laugh to myself grimly.

I shoved in the earphones and ignored my grumbling stomach turning on the music and blasting it into my ears so I could think of nothing but the words deafening me.

When she was just a girl,

She expected the world.

But it flew away from her reach,

So she ran away in her sleep…

Dream of para-para-paradise...

If only I could do that.

I shut my eyes but instead of seeing blackness that strangers face stared back at me with those solemn, true green eyes of his. He was smiling at me, saying something, but I couldn't hear him, he held out his hand and I just stared at him, wondering, waiting. But I so badly wanted to go with him. Where ever it is he may take me. So I went to grab his hands.

I stop short to feel pain explode in my shoulder and ribs and when my eyes shoot open I realise I tried to lift up my hand. I drop it again and listen to the song instead, the sun starting to fill the dark sky.

I thought about getting up. Better now than never right? Because if I stayed on this floor forever my father will definitely know something's up.

But I lay there again. Listening to my iPod and staring up at my baby blue, dirty ceiling. Before finally trying to move. First my fingers and toes, then ankles and wrists. I tried to lift up each leg slowly and it seemed okay, the pain not too bad, it was my ribs that killed. My ribs where he kicked me several times with yells and swear words. I touched the left side of my ribs grimly, flinching a little as I realised a couple or a few were either cracked, broken or bruised badly.

Hospital? Or no hospital? Medications? Or no medications and sticking up with this pain for who knows how long?

I sat myself up and took out the earphones to listen for my father, my ribs searing in pain it made my eyes blur with unshed tears.