Chapter 17 (picture of Brett)

thanks to all of you readers! love you all!

p.s. picture on the side is Brett

enjoy and don't forget to vote please >>

much love xo
:3

OH, AND NOT THAT IT'S THAT IMPORTANT, BUT I CHANGED THE CAST A LITTLE :p

_____________________________________________________________

Opening and closing his mouth I could see confuse in his eyes, pain and hurt soon filling them, but I was practically running away before he could say or do anything else. Running away before he could see my tears or before I could wrap my arms around him and let him comfort me; kiss me.

~~

'Claire? What the hell? Where's Jace?' Mack demands as soon as he opened the front door as if sensing me, as if he sat in the lounge room waiting for me. I didn't even knock. I didn't even say his name and here is all worried.

'Claire…?' he asks tentatively this time as if knowing something was wrong as he stepped back to let me in.

'He left,' I said quietly a small smile on my lips.

'What do you mean he left? He walked off and made you walk home by yourself?' he asks incredulously, taking off his jumper and putting it around my shoulders as he noticed my shivering, this time from the cold of walking here in the snow, as he shut and locked the front door.

‘He left,’ I repeated, ‘I ran away,’ I said quietly, flinching as he suddenly turned on the light.

‘Shit Claire, what happened?’ he examined me and suddenly his eyes flared in anger as his eyes lingered on my left cheek where my father had hit me, ‘did he hit you?’ he asks seething now.

I swallowed and stepped back, dropping my eyes as I held the jumper tighter around me. I shook my head, ‘no. But he found me.’

‘Jace?’

‘No,’ I said, a small smile reaching my lips as turned toward the stairs, ‘the man who owns me,’ I breathed this time walking off and up the stairs and toward my temporary bedroom.

‘We should report him Claire, you should report him,’ Mack was saying a few of days later after I locked myself in the house and refused to go to school. His mum couldn’t do anything. His father was barely here. And Mack… well he acted as if I was glass so close to breaking before his eyes, he was too scared.

My eyes dropped from his blazing blue ones, so full of worry, anger and hatred it made me squirm as I sat in bed. I shook my head.

I still hadn’t told him the full story but he knew that whatever my father had said to me in that alleyway wouldn't have been any good. He knew… when he shouldn’t even care.

‘We should-’

‘Mack, no,’ I said quietly. ‘I’m fine-’

‘Fine? You call locking yourself up at home, not eating and not speaking for almost five days, fine?’ he asks incredulously, anger slipping into his tone and making me flinch. He doesn’t seem to care by this point and I knew his frustration had to come eventually.

‘Claire, none of this is fine. Don’t you get it? That man needs to be bloody locked up for life and away from you!’ he says exasperated, raking his fingers through his hair hastily as he got off the bed and paced the room. ‘He shouldn’t be allowed to touch you. He shouldn’t be allowed to be near you. Dammit he shouldn’t even be allowed to talk to you.’ Mack growls forcing me to finally look up and watch his long strides bringing him to and fro my bed to the bathroom door and back again.