Chapter 22 (picture of Jace)

okay okay. this time i really am sorry. as a reader and a writer, i know how damn annoying it is when someone doesn't post quick enough for my liking!

i hope i didn't lose too much readers - if not any! - but thank you so much for keeping up with me.

love you all xx

__________________________________________________

*the last scene was in the hospital!*

~~

Two weeks passed surprisingly fast, either because everyone acted as if I was glass and barely uttered a word, to and around me. Or because Kimberly was gone, suspended for a week.

Even the teachers barely said a word to me, barely looked at me.

I guess it was fine with me. But not to Mack apparently.

By the 1st of February; two days before the Spring Dance, which by the way I wasn't going to; I soon find myself in the auditorium. Right in the middle and beside Mack and his friends. As usual.

The Principal was droning on about unneeded information that probably no one cared about, while I sat still and zoned off; staring at the perfect white piano that sat in the middle of the floor in my view.

Who was coming again? What was his name?

Jason Matthews... Jason Matthews Jason Matthews...

'Please welcome. Jason Matthews!' Suddenly the whole auditorium started clapping and before I knew it, Jace was standing in my view near the piano with a big ass grin on his face.

I choked on air for a second, my mouth hanging open as my eyes practically bulged. He's a singer? He... he's here?

'Breathe B. You'll be fine.' Someone murmurs into my ear.

I blinked about ten times in a row but sure enough he himself, Jason Matthews, was still there.

'Thanks everyone. Uh...' Jace gave a soft chuckle as students started sitting and settling into their seats after the moment's commotion 'I'd like to thank your Principal for letting me have a gig here. As you know, I'm obviously not very famous at the moment...' a lot of kids laughed at that. What's that supposed to mean?

'But hey, it's fine with me,' he smiled then and I could feel my heart start to constrict and flutter as I could see as Jace's eyes scanning the crowd. Looking as if he was looking for something... or more like someone.

I blinked and stayed perfectly still. Staying one of my many rules I've had for more than ten years.

If I stay quiet and still enough. He won't notice.

But it didn't always work at home now did it Claire?

The second I thought that Jace's very eyes connected with mine causing my cheeks to heat immediately and my weird feelings to flutter back into my stomach.

'So whatever, I came here today to sing a special song for a special someone,' I bite my lip and squirmed a little, cheeks heating even more as I held his gaze, his eyes somewhat greener than usual. 'And to tell them...' he looked away then as he settled into the piano's matching chair, 'that I'm sorry... for everything.'

The second he said that I feel Mack take hold of my hand gently, giving a slight squeeze as if to say he was there for me. I squeezed back, giving him a small smile to reassure him I was fine... when I was not.

By the time I looked back Jace's fingers were rested lightly on different keys, his eyes closed as if he could play blindfolded... I wouldn't be surprised.