"This must be your fault..." {32}

Hey everyone, sorry it took so long, I was invited in Wattys awards and I had to decide if I'll participate or not. For me to take part in it means that I have to finish my story before 19 of August. I could finish it with this chapter being the last part but I won't do it. I have a certain way I want to develop and complete my story and I feel like this dead line is forcing me to write. I know myself and I know, being under pressure, won't help me write as well as I wish to. So, with all these things, I came to the decision not to participate and I present to you the next chapter😌
Enjoy😌💙

You are at the hospital, unconscious. The surgery was a success, they manage to remove the bullet from you but if you will wake up or not... they aren't sure.

In your room there is Steve with his face in his hands, filled with anger and sadness with Natasha by his side... Everyone that was with you on the mission is waiting outside your room... Bucky is sitting by the window chatting with Sam while Scott walks up and down pounding, none of them realize Quill passing by them running and bursting into your room.

Natasha and Steve snap their heads to the sound of the door opening with force, only to see Quill running to you. But he hesitates before touching you and then kneels by your bed holding your hand. His eyes are wet and the tears run down his cheeks uncontrolably. After a while he stands up, nodding as he licks his lips and then looks at Captain.

"This must be your fault again..."

"What?" He asks confused

"It's you... this is all your fault" he says and walks threatening fast to Steve. Natasha stops him and so does Bucky who had just entered the room.

"Calm down" he says and Quill starts yelling like crazy.

"YOU DID THIS!"

"I DID NOTHING" Cap protest and Bucky puts his body against Star-lord's who is ready to punch Steve "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? HOW IS THIS MY FAULT?"

"TELL ME HOW DID SHE GOT SHOT?" Peter shouts.

"I DON'T KNOW IT HAPPENED BEHIND MY BACK!"

"I WARNED YOU BEFORE... DO NOT LET HER GET HURT" he shouts and Steve's ego gets in the way.

"SHE IS THE ONE THAT CAN'T PROTECT HERSELF THAT IS NOT MY FAULT" he yells and Quill gets furious.

"SHE SAVED YOUR LIFE YOU SON OF A B-"

"AGAIN IF SHE CAN'T PROTECT HERSELF WHY EVEN BOTHER TRYING TO SAVE ME? BESIDES SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ME!"

"OH YOU THINK?" Quill shouts and push Bucky away from him.
"SHE IS THE ONE THAT SAVED YOUR LIFE IN EVERY MISSION YOU WENT WITH HER!"

"If you are talking about our first mission, I did the same-"

"AS YOU SHOULD! But no, I'm not talking only about that... I'm talking about every mission"

"QUILL THAT'S ENOUGH" Bucky shouts and Peter turns to him.

"Why?"

"She asked us not to tell a word" he answers and Steve asks.

"About what?" But Quill ignores him and replies to Barnes.

"I don't care... I can't stand him anymore. He has to know"

"No!"

"WHAT ELSE MUST HAPPEN TO HER BEFORE WE TELL HIM? he shouts and Bucky remains silent

"I agree..." Romanoff says.

"What are you talking about?" Cap asks and they look at each other then Quill speaks...

"Why do you think you are alive right now smart pans?" He asks and Steve looks at him in confusion "I'M TALKING ABOUT THE BAR MISSION WHERE SHE GOT HURT BADLY! AND ALL YOU DID WAS MAKE FUN OF HER"