"I tried" {51}

Quill enters the room and stares at you. You are sitting on your bed hugging your pillow and looking outside. "You should be asleep right now" he says placing the disk on the table. You look at him not talking and then turn back to th window. "Come on, I need you to eat" he says sitting beside you but you remain silent. "Please y/n" he says handing you the disk.

"I'm not hungry" you reply.

"Come on..."

"Please Quill... don't push me..."

"I need you to eat y/n, hurting yourself won't help your situation-"

"I know" you cut him "Don't worry, I won't starve myself. Just... just let me be for today... I promise I'll eat tomorrow"

"There are croissants and your favorite cupcakes!" He replies and you smile at him.

"You don't my favorite cupcakes Peter..."

"Yeah, well..."

"Quill? Who made my breakfast?" You ask raising your eyebrows.

"Ugh... Steve" he replies and your mouth cracks a small side smile.

"It was either him or Bucky" you reply.

"Soooo, will you have a bite?" You shake your head. Quill disappointed as he is, places the disk by your bed.

"I'm not gonna push you, you made your decision. But you promised me for tomorrow!" He says and you nod "I'm gonna leave this here, in case you change your mind." He says standing up "Do you want me to leave you alone?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm one message away" he says and you give him a weak smile as a reply. He gets out and you lay back, squeezing your pillow. The tears make sure they'll start their race down your skin as soon as you're left alone, making your eyes get red and your vision blurry once again.

"Y/n" someone behind the door says but you can't tell who is it, in your cry. He enters the room and quietly closes the door. "Hey doll" Bucky says sitting by your side.

"Go away... please..." you reply in between your sobs.

"I'm worried what's going on?" He asks stroking your arm.

"Please Buck" you whisper and his sighs.

"Okay, I'm going... do you want me to call Steve?" He asks and you swallow your cry.

"No, I want to be alone"

"As you wish..."

*Steve's pov*

I'm outside her room... I couldn't sleep at all, I spent all night walking around the city, but that didn't help... so I went for a drink, as expected it didn't help either and I ended up sitting by her door in silence.
Around half past seven I decide to go make her breakfast... Hopefully some croissant and her favorite cupcakes will cheer her up.
In matter of minutes they're ready, so I make my way back to her room. Breathing in some air I stand in front of her door and lean my head against it... On one hand I hate the idea of Quill spending the night with her but on the other, I hate the possibility of her crying alone. Damn it... I punch the air letting some of my anger go away but it didn't do much... I start walking away, but noise of her door opening, made me turn around. I was hoping to see her but it was him.