"I wasn't living... just breathing" {60}

I walk to her room... more like drag myself till there. She's leaving... what will I do without her? I knock on her door.

"Come in!" I enter the room, with my eyes stuck on the floor. "Steve?" She comes close and leads me to her bed. "You okay baby?" I shake my head negatively.

"No..."

"Come on... it's okay..."

"What will I do without you?" My shoulders drop and I hear her laughing. "You think it's funny?!?!" She shakes her head negatively multiple times covering her mouth to hide her laugh. I cross my arms and look away offended.

"Steven" Damn she knows I love it when she calls me that... but no! She's laughing at me. "It'll be for 2 days"

"Okay and?"

"You'll be fine!"

"No I won't!" I protest sitting deeper in the bed "I won't have any morning power kiss" I mumble and that's when I felt her hand on my arm, moving up and down gently.

"Well I guess you have to learn to live without it" she stands up and continues packing her stuff. WHAT?

"THAT'S IT?!" She shrugs "We won't see each other for 48+ hours! And you ask me to live with it?!?" She turns to me, smiling... but I can tell there is sadness in it...

"Baby..." she takes my hand and we both sit on the bed again. "One day you may have to live without me-"

"NO!" she covers my mouth with her palm.

"It's not something you can decide Steve... it's His job" she points upwards and I look away.

"But I don't want to..."

"I don't want to either... But since you've got the serum I suppose I'll grow old way before you do" she chuckles but once again something feels off...

"You're gonna be the cutest granny ever" she slams my arm and laughs a little.

"You have to promise me that no matter what happens to me, either when I'm older, either now on a mission... You keep on living..."

"I don't think I'll be able to do that..."

"You've done that before" I frown my eyes at her.

"You lost Peggy... and I know how much it hurt you no matter how much you tried hiding it..."

"I wasn't living y/n... just breathing... I start living again when I met you... the real you... When I caught myself staring st your smile... when I realized I was jealous of every male close to you..." her hand slowly slides to my neck and with a gentle pull our lips connected to a soft kiss. She breaks us apart but just for 1 cm and even though I haven't opened my eyes I know she's smiling and I feel her breath brushing my face.

"When was the first time you realized you were jealous?" Her gentle voice sounds like music to my ears.

"I remember that one time Thor had offered you his jacket on the dinner table; after our big fight in the gym... And of course Quill's arrival shook my world like an earthquake." She smiles at me and kisses me once again, making my eyes close all by their own.

"I think we should make up the kisses we won't have these days don't you think?" She whispers against my lips and I open my eyes wide smiling.

"You really think so?" I whisper back and after her tiny nod I pushed her body to lay on the mattress. Her small smile playing on her face made me happier than it's supposed to...

"Mhm..." I smile at her while brushing her hair backwards with both hands and kiss her lips. I feel her hands sliding from my neck to my chest, I can't believe how tiny her hands are yet how much I need her touch... she then runs them up and down by abs and her smiley lips show me how much she likes them-