"Come back to me... please" {35}

*Steve's Pov*

The day passed by with me looking at her 'sleeping' like Tony said. In the evenings I take my car and drive to Mr. John. I knock on the door and he calls me inside, he was crying according to his red puffy eyes but he smiles at me.

"Hey Steve"

"Good evening Mr. John... How are you?"

"The question is, how are you?" he says and I force a smile.

"I'm good..."

"Your lips say one thing, your eyes another..." he comments and I slightly smile at him.

"I couldn't sleep or eat or do anything..."

"As I expect..." he sighs "Are you better now?"

"Yes... I was sleeping for one and half day and I ate a sandwich today" I say proudly to hide my pain and he smiles.

"How come?"

"Bucky... he told me that if I couldn't take care of myself, how would I help y/n if she'll wake up"

"When" he says and I tilt my head "When she'll wake up captain... because she will"

"Yeah..."

"Why are you in disbelief Steve?" he asks and I swallow.

"I don't want to have high expectations... I'm afraid that I'll get disappointed..." I say sulking and he strokes my head, like my dad did when I was little. I let my tears fall on my knees and apologize.

"I'm sorry mister John, you are the last person I should be crying in front of-"

"No..." he says and I look at his eyes... he's crying too "You are the only one I can share my pain with... no one else knows I'm here and without her I'm feeling so lonely... Knowing that there is a possibility I won't see her again... I don't know if I'll be able to handle it"

"What about your son?" I ask trying to make him feel better.

"He has a job, a family, a life there... I can't force him to come here just to keep me company..." he says and I'm feeling sorry for him.

"Then I have to take his place" I smile and he looks at me in disbelief.

"No... you don't have to do that! I'll be fine"

"Like a father like a daughter" I chuckle and he smiles "Trust me Mr. John I want to" I say and he pulls me in for a hug.

"Thank you!"

"My pleasure..."

"Especially now that Peter left again..."

"Quill came here?!"

"Of course, he did! He and y/n were so close... he came by yesterday... that was the first time I saw him after she was shot..."

"I thought you said that I'm-"

"Yeah, because I usually talk to him through the phone... or phase time" he smiles "Y/n taught me how to use it" he says proudly "But it's not the same as face to face"

"Why isn't he visiting more often?"

"I've told him he shouldn't come..."

"May I ask why?"

"Because of his mother... he had an awful experience when he was little... coming here it reminds him that pain and that's the last thing I want, having one of my sons in pain because of me" he says and I smile. I knew y/n had a close relationship with him but I had no idea, her father too.