"You're fooling yourself?" {65}

Everyone heads to their bags to wear their equipment; you did the same but first you had to change your clothes. In order to sweat more you wore a kickboxing shorts, that are a little over your knee and an elbow sleeve T-shirt underneath your jacket and sweatpants, so now you removed the extra clothing.

"You sure you've trained before?" Ellie's voice made you look up and dragged everyone's attention as well. You raise up, since you had bend down to place your clothes away and notice her disparaging look. Sure your muscles weren't visible with those clothes but doesn't she know not to judge a book by its cover?

Your eyes glance at her from head to toe not talking. A small laugh came out of you before sitting on the floor to wear your shin guards, her gasp to your move made you smile a little.

"Are you ignoring me?"

"You are observant" you comment standing up to wrap your hands.

"Who do you think you are?" you roll your eyes sighing.

'Where are we? High school? What kind of behavior is that?' "What do you want?" you ask uninterested.

"You have an attitude, I don't like"

"And I don't care!" some giggles were heard from the rest of the team and she tried to speak but you cut her "Look, Ellie? Right? Yeah. I didn't do a thing. I'm quietly getting ready like everyone else is doing, you came here to bother me. So, if someone has an attitude, then it's you"

"You think you're funny, huh?"

'This can't be happening...' you just sigh and continue getting ready.

"Listen, butterfly" you pause for a second and side smile, letting her go on. "I've been here for 7 years"

"And what do you want? A reward?" laughters return in the room and so does her offended face.

"You think that with a couple of years you can come here and-"

"Again. I didn't say anything, you came to me."

"I-"

"Are you done with your little chit chat?" Leo's voice interrupts.

"Sorry coach" you reply wearing your mouth guard amd Ellie walked away pissed off.

The team got into pairs and with the signal the fight began. During sparring you were more than careful with your opponents. They weren't super soldiers, or trained assassins, so you had to be extra careful. Follow more rules than the usual, no elbows, or scooping one leg out... You did really good tho!

"I'm Paul" a brunette average height guy, introduced himself once you paired up.

"Nice to meet you Paul" you smile before bowing to each other.

The round begins and Paul's punch hits your gloves, so gently, making you lower your hands and stand defenseless in front of him. He blinks a couple times processing your actions.

"You're kidding right?"

"What?"

"Come on! Give me something! I'm not made of glass! Show me some power!" he smiles and you continue sparring. Still softly but not like before 'Where are Bucky and Clint when you need them' you sigh and continue the round.

Mathew was next. You bow and go on fighting pose.

"I'll go easy on you" he smiles.

"Please don't"

"I'm always careful with the girls" a proud smile spread across his face.

"Oh... a gentleman" he chuckles and nods. "Manners won't save you boy" you grin and his expression changed to a surprised one. The bell rang and you attack; softly.