"I love y-"{40}

@elysflora here we gooo! 💙

You two walk down the stairs, slowly, because you are hesitant, not sure if you are ready to face them all. Steve was ahead of you but once he notices your slow rythm of walking he slows down his own and waits for you to reach him. "You good?" He asks you.

"Yeah..." you exhale.

"Don't worry little one, I'll be right there with you"

"Okay..." you reach him. He starts walking down the stairs again with you just a step behind. You enter in the kitchen slightly hiding behind Steve.

"No one is here little one... They must be downstairs for training"

"I missed it..." you walk to the fridge.

"Training or the team?" he asks taking out the plates.

"Both" you smile.

"I missed my fav mortal too" you hear Thor saying and you turn around. He smiles and walks closer to you. You place the milk on the counter and walk towards him. He opens his arms and you bury yourself in his chest, while he places his chin on your head.

"How are you beautiful?" he whispers making Steve roll his eyes and continue making breakfast. "Better?"

"Yeah..." you raise your head fastening your chin on him. He brushes some hair out of your eyes and kiss your forehead.

"Glad to see you down here again" he smiles.

"So am I..." *sniff* "What is that sm-" you turn around and see Steve making pancakes. He has a towel over his shoulder and seems so focused. 'Okay can someone explain to me why is this hot?' you think to yourself and run to him. "You're making pancakes?!?" you ask while stopping yourself an inch before touching him.

"Yeah" he chuckles to your happy-excited eyes staring at the pan impatiently.

"I have to go to Fury he asked for me" Thor says and you turn to him.

"Loki stuff?"

"Loki stuff" you smile as he walks away. "I'll be back in a few minutes" you nod before turning to Steve again.

"You better step away you might get burn" he extends his big arm in front of you, slightly pushing you back. You sit on the seat but then hop off again.

"Oh! Do we have car-"

"Yup!" you narrow your eyes at him. "We do have caramel syrup" he flips another pancake around.

"How did you know that?"

*Flash Back*

*Steve's pov*

I'm sitting in y/n's room. She is on her bed and I'm on the chair reading a book. The silence is consuming the room but it's not an awkward silence, more like a comforting one, until she stands up.

"Everything alright?" I ask.

"Mhm..." she sits on her chair before pulling out her bullet journal and an envelope.

"Is this the mail I got you today?"

"Yup" she replies with a soft smile.

"What's in it?" I ask without thinking about it and she turns to me "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine, wanna see?" I swallow nodding, rather excited. She leaves the bullet journal open on her desk and takes the envelop in her hands. She hops on the bed and pats the covers for me to sit. "Oh, can you bring me my notebook?"

"Of course!" I place my book upside down on the bedside table and walk at her desk. I see some doodles and a note that had written on it:

The perfect breakfast