Kyo X Tohru: Fruits Basket

Tohru is in the kitchen cooking some rice for the soon to be rice balls. A bright smile on her face and her brown hair reaching down to her lower back. She hums a simple tone as she molds the rice in her hands in to the shape of a ball. The sound of the fridge being opened makes Tohru turn her head to see a orange haired Kyo. She smiles bright "Good morning Kyo." Tohru says happily. Kyo turns to look at Tohru "Yeah, morning." he says before taking a riceball off of the counter. Tohru smiles as she sets the riceball down on the tray and starts to make another one. 'I don't know what to say. Me and Kyo are still friends, but I've only just realized that I actually like Kyo.' Tohru thinks as she looks down at her hands. 'What am I suppose to do? There is no way Kyo would like me back if I told him I like him.' Tohru thinks feeling nervous.

A hand on her forehead brings her out of her thoughts. "Hey are you ok?" Kyo asks with his hand on her forehead, making Tohru blush. "Your acting more spacey then usual." he says looking at Tohru. Tohru shakes her head as she turns a dark red "I'm fine." she says freaking out. Kyo sighs and takes a bite of his riceball. Tohru goes back to making another riceball trying to make her blush go away. Her heart pounding in her chest as she thinks about what just happened. The silence in the room thickens making the atmosphere awkward. Kyo looks at Tohru "Hey, um I wanted to ta-" "Good morning Miss.Honda." a drowsy Yuki says walking in to the kitchen. Tohru turns to Yuki with a smile "Good morning Yuki, having trouble waking up again." she says. Something popping up in her mind 'I wonder what Kyo was going to say.'

Tohru, Yuki, and Kyo walk to school with a casual conversation. Tohru spacing out every few seconds with the same thought in her mind 'What did Kyo want to say?' she looks up at Kyo. He looks down at her and Tohru quickly turns her head away from him trying to hide her blush. They reach the school and Tohru quickly takes her seat at her desk. She puts her head down hiding her face from everyone. 'Why am I feeling this way? I'm so confused on what I should do.' Tohru thinks. She lifts her head a little just enough to see Kyo. 'Mom, what should I do?' Tohru thinks as she looks at Kyo talking with other classmates. 'Tohru just be yourself.' Tohru thinks about what her late mother said to her. Tohru nods her head and makes a fist "Your right mom, I just need to be myself and tell him." Tohru says out loud earning stares from her classmates. Even Kyo looking at her, making Tohru blush.

Class ended and everyone went back home. When they enter the house Kyo quickly shuts the door before they can enter the house. "Kyo what's wrong!" Tohru says. A fist goes threw the door making Tohru jump back and grab on to Yuki's arm. Kyo see's this and lowers his head a little still keeping the door closed. Tohru realizes she's holding on to Yuki and quickly releases his arm. Threw the crack in the door they could make out glowing eyes and a scary face. "It looks like Kagura came to visit." Yuki says with a sigh. "Open the door." Kagura says with a deathly glare. "Like hell!" Kyo yells. Kagura kicks the door down sending Kyo to the floor. Tohru freaks out "Kyo! Are you ok?" she yells looking at Kyo. He looks away from her and looks down "I'm fine" he says with almost no emotion in his voice at all. Tohru could feel her heart hurt a little, but she tried to ignore it.

Tohru made dinner for everyone. Apparently Kagura came to visit since she missed Kyo so much. Tohru sat next to Yuki at the table and Kyo sitting across from her. He didn't look at her once the whole time they ate dinner. He kept his head down and would start yelling at Yuki for anything he would say. Then Kagura would yell at him, attacking him and almost beating him to death. Tohru felt the pain in her heart every time he would look away from Tohru or wouldn't talk to her at all.

Kagura left soon after dinner after hugging Kyo and trying to kiss him. Tohru hugs Kagura goodbye and waves. Kyo sulks off to the roof not coming back down for the rest of the day. Yuki heads off to bed and Tohru changes into her pajamas. She lays in bed looking up at the roof with only one thing on her mind. 'Kyo' she stares at the ceiling thinking about Kyo. Just the thoughts of him making her heart start to warm and making the butterflies in her stomach flutter. 'I need to tell him.' she thinks as she slowly gets up.

She walks to the ladder that leads to the roof. She takes in a deep breathe and musters up every little piece of courage she has in her. She puts one foot on the ladder then her hand. She starts to climb up the ladder holding on to her courage. She reaches the top of the roof and see's Kyo laying there with his eyes closed. She walks over to him and sits next to him not making a sound.

She looks down at Kyo with a slight blush on her face. She puts a hand on his orange hair and plays with it. She takes in a breathe and begins to speak. "Kyo, I've been wanting to tell you something for a while now. I know you might never return the same feelings but I want you to know anyways." Tohru says her voice becoming shaky. "I-I-I love you Kyo." Tohru says shutting her eyes tightly. She feels her eyes water as relief fills her for finally saying the words she was scared to say.

"You honestly feel that way." Tohru opens her eyes startled by Kyo's voice. She looks into Kyo's red eyes and feels heat rise up in her cheeks. "You were awake?" Tohru asks. Kyo sighs "I was asleep until someone decided to mess with my hair." he says with a bit of amusement in his eyes. Tohru hides her face behind her eyes as she blushes more. "Did you mean what you said?" Kyo asks. Tohru puts her hands down and looks at Kyo. She feels a tear fall down her cheek as she opens her mouth to speak. "I didn't realize it until recently, but I really do love you Kyo." Tohru hides her face looking down at her feet avoiding Kyo's gaze.

"I love you too Tohru." she hears Kyo say.She looks up at Kyo to see a pink blush on his cheeks. Tohru felt more tears stream down her face at Kyo's words. "Why are you crying?" Kyo asks freaking out a little. Tohru smiles "I'm just so happy." she says making Kyo blush even more then before. Kyo leans forward and places a gentle kiss on Tohru's cheek, making Tohru blush just as much as Kyo. 'Mom I finally told Kyo the truth, thank you mom I know I'm going to be fine now.'