Gin X Hotaru: Hotarubi no Mori e

The familiar feeling of the wind surrounds me as I stand on the trail in the forest. The same place where I met him. I face the small shrine entrance as I half expect him to show up. Although that's impossible now. I sigh as I turn my back to the shrine entrance. He's gone now.

"Hotaru."

I freeze as I hear the sound of my name being called. My name coming from the voice that I longed to hear again. The voice that I've herd every summer. I turn to the sound.

My mouth a gap as I see his white hair, his pale skin, even his all too familiar smile. I smile as I feel tears stream down my cheeks.

"Gin!" I yell as I run to him.

I stop as I realize that I can't hug him. I can't hold his hand. I can't.....kiss him.

"Hotaru."

I look up at the sound of his voice. He's in front of me, wearing his kimono. I look down and realize I'm in mine as well. The setting has changed to night. He smiles at me as his hand starts to vanish.

"No! Please!" I yell as I reach out to him.

I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Please don't leave me again." I sob.

He pats my back as he hugs me "Good bye."

He vanishes as I fall to my knees, holding his mask to my chest.

"Gin! Come back!' I yell sobbing even more.

"Please, I love you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit up in bed as I wake up from my dream. I look around my room, before letting a sigh out.

"It was just a dream." I whisper as I bring my hands to my face.

I feel tears as I move my hands away. Every night for a month now I've woken up crying. It's always the same dream.

"Gin..."

I get up out of my bed after wiping my tears away. In the corner of the room is a table with Gin's mask on it. I light two scented burners next to his mask. I give a small pray before I kiss the forehead of the mask.

I smile to myself before running off to the bathroom to get ready. It's summer and I'm at my uncles house right now. It's been a year since Gin moved on. Although I'm sad that he's no longer here, I'm happy just to of known him. Although another part of me continues to wish for him to come back.

I finish getting ready before walking downstairs and grabbing my bag. Uncle is probably still sleeping. I need to buy some groceries for dinner tonight.

I make my way out into town. It's not very busy so it's kind of peaceful. I take in a breathe of the warm summer air. A gust of wind soon coming.

"Oh no!" My hat is blown off of my head and down the street.

I take off running as I try to catch it. Bumping into one or two people as I continue to chase it. I get closer to it, and before grabbing it. It stops in front of someone. Landing on the persons shoes.

I stop as I look up to meet the persons eyes. They don't look at me as they pick up my hat. They hand it out to me.

"Is this yours?" He asks handing me my hat.

His black hair almost covering his eyes. His skin is pail, but his smile is bright, and welcoming. But he looks familiar.

"Um yes, thank you." I say taking my hat from his hands.