Chapter 1

Walking through the bookstore is like walking through one thousand different stories all with a different beginning, middle, and end. I love to think at the tip of my fingers I could live a thousand different lives just by grabbing a new book. This is why I love the bookstore and the reason I love to write. I could write a thousand different things and live different lives with my own words. It's fascinating to me.

I found a few books while browsing and decide to buy them.

I pay for my books and decide I want coffee. Nothing goes better than a good book and a cup of hot coffee.

"Just a black coffee please" I tell the worker.

"That will be $2.50" he says.

I rummage through my purse, find the money, and hand it to him.

"ELLIE" I hear behind me and jump.

"Sierra!!! You didn't have to scream at me" I say.

"Sorry I was just excited to see you. You got new books"

"Yes You're my only friend and when I'm not with you, I like to read" I say.

"Get out of the house and take some time off of all your college studying and go make friends. You can't be a loner all your life" Sierra says.

As she's talking a tall guy with black hair and blue eyes catches my attention. He's wearing all black and looks like he's ready for a funeral. He glances over and sees me staring and I quickly look away.

"Hello, are you listening to me?" Sierra says.

"Sorry I wasn't. What did you say?"

"There's a party tonight and I want you to go with me and socialize with people. You have to get out and make friends"

"I'm not sure about that. I'm not much for parties" I say

"It's going to be fun. Please come" Sierra says.

"Fine I'll go".

The guy gets his coffee and leaves. He smirks as I watch him walk out. So arrogant. Very cute but arrogant.

"I need to go home and get ready. What time is the party and where is it?" I ask

"It starts at 9. I'll text you the address" she excitedly says.

I check my phone for the time. "Ok well it's 6 o'clock right now so I'll head home and get ready and meet you there."

I've known Sierra all my life. She's my best friend so I might as well try to do the stuff she likes as well.

I get home, kick my shoes off, and look in the mirror. I need makeup and a nice outfit.

I rummage through my closet and find a cute white floral dress.

"This should be ok to wear" I say.

I straighten my hair and put on a little makeup. I may be a book nerd but for some odd reason, I'm very good at makeup. I pick a cute pair of white chuck converse and throw them on. "Don't want my feet to hurt tonight" I say to myself.

My phone rings and I grab it. "Sierra" flashes across the screen.

"Hello Sierra" I say sarcastically. "I'm getting ready now. Give me 10 minutes and I'll be there"

"I'm here already so I'll see you here. Bye." Sierra says.

I put the phone in my purse and head out the door just knowing I will probably hate every second of tonight.