Chapter 12

Tris P.O.V.

I actually wore a dress. After vowing to never wear a dress, I'm wearing one for Tobias. (Picture is at top). For my makeup, I put on foundation, mascara, and some lip gloss. Simple but cute. Tori calls to me saying,"TRIS GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!!!! YOUR DATE IS WAITING FOR YOU." I ran down the stairs, grabbing my bag on the way down, and run into Tobias.

"You look good Tris," he said. I blush because... well he is super cute and called me pretty. I can almost taste his lips- focus Tris. Can't fall for anyone.

"Not bad yourself, four."

Max suddenly decides to come in and threatens Four with the same old stuff. "Have her home by blah blah blah" or "no funny business" and the newest addition "try not to get her pregnant." We both roll our eyes at the same time and walk out the door.

We reach a park. A fast moving river is a bit below us, so if we peer over the edge, we could see the river. He leads the us down a path that I didn't notice before. My hand in his. Once we reach the bottom, I could see that there was a mini picnic waiting for us. It was beautiful.

I look towards him and give him the biggest smile I ever wore since my fifth birthday when my parents bought me a car for once I got my license. I was a spoiled kid.

We sit down on the blanket and he opens the basket. "I asked Zeke and Uriah about some food you love and they said you love," he pulls out "Chinese!" I think my grin got bigger. We stayed there for a good two hours talking, eating Chinese, and ranting.

"You know, my mom and dad said that once I get a good girl, I should propose right on the spot incase someone else would get her afterwards," Tobias abruptly said.

"And how many girls have you got?" Curiosity killed the cat.

"Just one. Not counting you of course." And knowledge brought it back to life.

After that, we stood up and cleaned the picnic. We brought it back to the car and went back to our spot.

"Careful, its slippery."

Of course, the most cliché thing happened. I slipped on the rocks. Right into Tobias's arms. "Thanks Four." I blush deeply because he's holding my waist and I can' t think straight. Oh well. I guess I'll let this one in. We get lost in each other's eyes. Stormy blue meeting pale gray-blue. Lips that are millimeters apart. They get closer. And we're kissing. It's slow and full of passion. But it is cut off too soon by someone screaming about no PDA. I open my eyes, which I hadn't realized I closed, and saw that Zeke and Shauna and Uriah and Marlene were standing there.

I blushed so much you could mistake my cheeks for apples. We quickly jumped apart and stood apart looking at the ground. Shauna and Marlene 'awww' us and the two stooges gag. "four man, I knew you liked her but she pretty much the sister and sibling I never had, so please give me a warning next time," Ez and Uri lectured at the same time. They looked at each other with hurt and asked, " what about me?" Then they start a fight saying the same thing at the same time and never stopping. Because their boyfriends were fighting, Shauna and Marlene backed their boyfriends up. We were able to sneak out without them noticing. When we get to his car, we burst out laughing. But of course our eyes meet again. This time we kiss for 5 minutes and are breathless afterwards. Maybe I'll let my walls down this time.

A/N
Hey initiates this is a really late update but I had 2 projects due and 2 others came in right afterwards. I swear my math and science teachers are trying to keep me from updating and are trying to see if I actually do my projects. On top of that, my weekend was taken away from me because I was at the hospital from 11 to 2 in the morning, went to sleep at 3, and woke up at 9. I had to help my grandpa get our shipment boxes, which is going to fiji, all wrapped up and stuff. To make it even better, I had 2 math tests that are really important to my grade on monday. 2 TESTS. ON A MONDAY. These teachers really don't like us. But my friend, @enchanted58, and I are creating a new story called All the Stories Are True. It's our very own dystopia and we are trying to publish it when we can. CHECK IT OUT!!! I'm pretty sure that you guys will like it. Keep an eye on my account for updates on the story. Really long author's note. Whoa. Let's wrap it up! Dedication question(from my fanfic [try not to look back in the book]): who is tori's husband? Comment, vote, recommend, and all that good stuff! Until next time!
-Nazira
P.s. I now have 9.63 k reads. Thanks for reading my story!