Chapter 20

Tobias POV

After Tris gave Uriah the cake and promised to make us some, we head to first period. Ms. Mathews was already there and she looked at us with something I think is disgust. It's official, she hates us. We take our seats and wait for the bell to ring. Everyone in our group goes on their phones since we didn't have anything to talk about. "Hey, does anyone know who Nita Mathew is?" Tris asks while squinting at her screen.

Everyone in the group exchanged looks at the name of my ex-girlfriend coming out of Tris's mouth. Because I made the mistake of agreeing to go on her date with her and never talking to her again, I had the label of "heartbreaker." Since then, I had no interest in any other girl at our school, all of them falling for rumors and being superficial.

"She's Tobias's ex-girl," Uriah pipes up when it seems no one would. "They went on one date and Tobias practically begged us to keep her away from him. Why?"

"I just got a text from her," Tris replies. Everyone crowds around her phone to see the text. Toby is mine. Stay away-Nita. "Should I be taking this threat seriously or just forget about it?"

"Forget about it," I say. "She was nothing to me then. And she's nothing for me now. You don't have to worry your pretty little head about it." I duffle her head and she swipes her hand trying to take mine away. She's laughing and the bell rings cutting off our fun.
|
~~~~~Time Skipy~~~~~~
|

For the rest of the day I'm thinking about the text. I can't help but feel that maybe Tris won't want to be with me anymore. We rushed into our relationship but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like I was only waiting for her to come along and steal my heart. Like she was the only one who had the key for my lock. Hopefully, she feels the same way.

"Hey Tobias, wanna go rollerskating after school?" Tris questions as she walks besides me to the cafeteria with my arm around her shoulders.

"Sure!" I reply back happy that the text didn't phase her. "Do you need to go home right after school or are we good to just head over there?"

"I'm good. We'll head straight there and maybe grab a bite to eat."

"As you wish," I quote. She rolls her eyes but I didn't miss the small blush she had creeping over her cute cheeks. I kiss one of them and the blush brightens much to my delight. We continue walking side by side with our friends; I was content with the peace we had. I don't want  to think about anything that could ruin this moment.

We sit with our friends and eat our lunches, joking around and seeing who could steal the most of Uri's cake without him noticing. I won of course. As we exited to walk to our next class, I felt eyes piercing our backs. I do a quick scope of the area and my agent side comes out unwillingly when I see that Nita is glaring at us from her table. I pull Tris closer to my side and Nita notices it. She smiles sickeningly sweet. It was a good try, but the fake smile couldn't hide her ill intentions from my trained eyes. I would have to be careful.

No one knows what happened on the fate between me and Nita. No one ever would.

Author's note
I'm soooooooooooooo sorry guys. My life has been hectic and I've been going through some stuff. I lost my interest to write for a while and my grandma has me doing a lot more chores since summer break has started. I'm sorry if this chapter lacks quality. I rushed to get it done after getting inspiration to at least continue this fanfic. Thank you guys for still commenting. It's because of the comments reminding me that there are people who want this fic to continue and be updated that I wrote it. If you guys want to see anything specific in this fic, please comment it or send it to me over messaging. I'll do my best to update before August and thank you guys once again for dealing with my very long update wait. Until next time
- Nazira