Chapter 16

Tris POV

I wake up in bliss. The sun on my face and birds chirping. It's the weekend! I look at the alarm clock next to me and notice that it's 9:20 am.

Wait. Today I had to go to work and work on the case. That means I'm late. So much for a lazy day.

This is a time skip.......

After a really quick shower and random clothes thrown on, I get in my car and speed off to HQ. I put on my mask and plug in my blue tooth headset before going inside.

Inside I find the whole gang gathered around Max. "This case is very confidential and I'm afraid it can't give out the names of the people who were murdered. But you will see a look alike scene without the bodies and Six will share the facts she has found out so far," he explains. He then looks over towards me and notices that I'm there. "Speaking of the devil."

"That is quite literal," someone says. I ignore the person. "I thought this was my case only. I was given permission to not share the details of the case with anyone, no matter how important," I complain.

"Well you need help--" Max starts.

"Ya, professional help."

"And I can't let you stay until 3 in the morning anymore, especially since you've started to go to public school." As soon as Max said that, everyone seemed to be going through a mental list of students who I could possibly be (if that even makes sense since I'm me). Christina and Shauna were the only ones not doing this. They seemed more worried about me staying until 3 AM.

I understand where Max is going with this. I can't do this by myself otherwise I would break. They are-- were my parents.

"I understand," I tell Max. I look towards the group as I head toward the meeting room. "If you guys want to help, follow me."

Tobias POV

We follow Six into the meeting room. While she sets up the PowerPoint from her laptop to the projector, we all take seats around the table. And she starts.

"Well the bodies where found in the FBI building in LA," we see a picture with two outlined body shapes on the floor in two different rooms. Then a slide with an unidentifiable body comes up. "The man was shot three times; once in the arm, once in the leg, and one shot to the head. The head one was last because the man was being choked when he was shot in the head." As she says this, we see where the bullet would've been hit. Then we see crime scene again. Zeke gasps so quietly that I almost didn't hear it. And by the way the others were looking they didn't hear it.

"The crime scene show signs of struggle, seeing that the glass was broken and bruises on the victim's arms." We zoom in on all of these.
"Questions?"

Christina asks, "how do you know the woman wasn't struggling?"

"Well, the woman was found in the bathroom. She happened to also be pregnant," Six answers in a shaky voice. Everyone gasps, how could someone do something so vile? "We also know that their two older children had no idea." She takes a moment to gather her thoughts again.

"Now we will move on to the woman's murder scene." A picture with a bloodied bathroom comes up. "The woman was more brutally murdered than the man. She was shot multiple times in her head, chest, and stomach. It seemed as if the person wanted the woman to know her child was dead before she died herself." The unidentifiable body came up again, except with the descriptions Six was giving us.

"I know for a fact that there are two people involved: a mastermind and an assassin," she explains.

"Question," Uriah raises his hand. "How do you know for sure?"

"Well this murder is a complex case. The assassin left behind too many clues for him/her to be the mastermind. I know that a mastermind would've been needed to break into the building. Does that clear it up?"

"Yup," Uri replies. She continues on to explain about weapons, motives, and other clues that may help. She looks confident as she does this. Six must've spent a lot of time trying to solve this case.

Time skip

We are soon caught up in the case and are trying to figure more out.

"The assassin could be a male. I mean, it makes sense. Brute force, couldn't go through small spaces," Shauna suggests.

"Well the crime scene shows an attempt to get into the air duct right in between the crime scenes. This does suggest that it was a man. Good job Shauna," Six replies. She glances at the clock. "Well it seems that we have spent the whole day on this case. Since this isn't the only crime committed, you guys can decide who will focus on the case or if you guys are going to take turns. When it is decided, come to me in my office." With that, she leaves.

"I have an idea," Uriah says while raising his hand as if he's still in school.

"Well let's here it," the rest of reply in unison.

"Half of us spend the day on this case and the rest work on other cases. The next day we switch and the pattern continues until we solve the murder." It was actually a good plan and not completely idiotic. Everyone agrees to this and we send Zeke to talk to Six. We are done for the day.

Zeke POV

This can't be true. She can't be. They can't be. My thoughts conflict me all the way to Bea's office. Bea. Six. Tris. All of them are the same. How am I supposed to tell mom and Uriah and our friends. It was surprising that Bea became so strong in these past years. Last time, she could hardly handle blood and was dependant on her brothers, Uriah, and me. Now she can beat off bad guys with a pinky! I hope she can explain what's going on.

Wow. I actually updated. I actually had this chapter done for a while but never actually published it. I'm super sorry but my schedule has been lit of wack with all my clubs and especially since it's near the end of the school year. I'll be heading on to high school in August so I hope that I'll have more time over the summer to update. I hope you guys like this chapter. Comment, vote and send. Until next time!
-Nazira