Chapter 19

Tris POV

I wake up in the position I was in before I went to sleep. My phone shows that the time is 5:06 in the morning. I groan at my loss of a few extra minutes of sleep. Instead of turning back and trying to get the few extra minutes (notice the word trying) and failing miserably, I get up and get ready.

After getting ready taking as much time as I want, I see that only 15 minutes have passed. Seeing an opportunity, I head downstairs with a plan in mind.

Almost 2 hours later.....

2 hours later and it's done. I relax for a minute before grabbing a plate and heading towards the food. In 2 hours, I managed to lay out the perfect breakfast buffet. I made pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs, and a small surprise for Uriah for taking the blame that day in the teacher's lounge. I would've done hash browns but I ran out of time.

I grab a bit of everything before hollering for Tori and Max to hurry up. "Let the pregnant woman take her time in getting ready!" Tori yelled playfully back at me. I roll my eyes at her easy going reply.

Since she and Max are taking forever, I take the time to wrap Uriah's gift nicely. I make sure the box I found is clean before I put on the wrapping paper. I know that he most likely doesn't feel any angry towards me, but I wanted to show that I do care about him-- sometimes at least.

Finally, Max and Tori have eaten and are ready to leave the house. Tori's throwing a fit because the baby apparently doesn't agree with syrup on waffles. I know, weird. "But Bea's waffles are my weakness! Even more than you are, Max!" Tori whines loudly. Sure she's my aunt and is significantly older than me, she has the maturity of a 5 year old told that they can't have candy anymore. There are times where her maturity is the same as her age, but 60% of the time, that isn't the case.

After a long drive of listening to Tori mourn the loss of her waffle and syrup privileges, we finally reach the school. I knew I should've taken my bike instead of carpooling. Just as Max puts the car in park, I run out with Uriah's present and my bag in tow.

I see the group standing near the doors of the school and looking around, as if waiting for me to arrive. "Hey guys! Sorry I'm a bit later than usual, my motorcycle is getting upgraded so I had to catch a ride with my aunt and uncle," I say as I reach them.

"Who says we were waiting for you?" Christina jokes. I put a hand on my chest and pretend to faint. On the floor I moan, "Oh, how badly I have been betrayed. The pain is killing me." The group laughs at me and I soon join them. Then I remember Uriah's gift. Which had fallen to the floor.

I get serious and reach for the box as I sit up on the floor. I cross my legs criss cross applesauce style and open the box. Thank god. The cake is okay. I quickly close the box. The others try to guess what it is. I ignore their guesses as I stand up and hand the box to Uriah. "An apology my good friend," I whisper softly as I give it to him.

He seems to know exactly what it is as he opens it and practically inhales the dauntless cake. Right there and then. No utensils. No questions. Not even a proper plate. The others stare at him with mixed emotions of disgust and confusion. "Bea's dauntless cake is to die for," he explains, mouth open and still filled with cake. I cringe at his manners, or lack thereof. They turn towards me, eyes begging to know why they hadn't received any.

"I got Uri in trouble. I always make up for it. Always," I explain. They seem to understand but still seem a bit miffed that they didn't get anything. "I'll make some more and we can have a get together," I sigh, not wanting to see them like that.

I always have had an irrational fear that even just one thing can make the person who loves me the most hate me. That's why I always try to make up for it. It's one of my major differences between Beatrice and Six. Six couldn't care less but Beatrice couldn't possibly care more.

The gang seems happy at this and start to all hug me at once. The bell rings before they can say anything else. "There's the bell, let's go to class," I suggest as I pull away from the hugs. I don't like hugs that much. Uriah tried to convince I had a fear of them but I never listened. I lead my group of friends towards our first period class. And the long day starts.

Author's Note
Heyllo my ravens. Been a while, sorry for that. I had my finals last week and had to study for quite a bit before that. I tried to work on this chapter earlier but it somehow didn't work out, even though I was on break. So that's the chapter. How was it? I actually used some personal stuff in this chapter (Tris's irrational fear, the "fear" of hugs). Okay on a different topic, I realized that I need a writing Playlist for music. I'm looking for any suggestions and am open to any genre of music. Spam as many songs as you wish, by messaging me or by commenting it. I'll try my best to listen to all the songs but I can't assure it. So that's that. As usual, comment, vote, and recommend. Until next time,
-Nazira