Consulting A Hurt Friend

Kaiwara Academy, Night

Kagari and the others were escorted back to Kaiwara Academy and Sakura was escorted back to her hotel. Due to their injuries, Rei and Silvia were taken to the medical bay as Kagari and Saeko were only partially injured after getting checked out, they were reporting their encounter to Claire and Rebecca.

Kaiwara Academy, Student Council Room.

Claire:From your description, it sounds like you encountered a rouge poaching group, Hunters

Kagari:What are Hunters?

Erica:They're slayers in the conventional sense. But they work as mercenaries for criminal organizations.

Damian:We've uncovered a savage corpse in the wasteland. The state in which we found it was...disturbing.

Liddy:The core had been taken, forcibly.

Kagari:So you think the hunters did it?

Claire:I'm meant to believe that's the case.

Saeko:But why would they steal savage cores?

Rebecca:Simple, a savage core and a variable stone have remarkably simple molecular structures.

Claire:Hold it! These students don't have proper security clearance!

Rebecca:There's no longer a point to keep it a secret after everything that's happened. Besides, they were going to find out sooner or later.

Kagari:So then, is it a possibility for a savage core to be reconfigured to function as a hundred like Claire's for example.

Rebecca:Correct. A core basically has the same intrinsic value that a variable stone has. They sell for a similar price too. Any country having enough of either could entirely take the scales of global power to their side.

Claire:Naturally, everything you've heard tonight is classified. In any case, you're safe and that what matters to me.

Kagari:Thanks. But Rei and Silvia were hurt badly thanks to those guys. The next time I see those bastards...

 The next time I see those bastards