{ 3 }

karl eagerly welcomed everyone into his house as they showed up. sapnap arrived first, then clay, then alex, and last but not least was george. he was always incredibly early or awfully late- there was no in-between.

it had been only a few days since george's parents had approved their stay at the beach house, but only clay knew about it. george hadn't told anyone else yet, and that's why he was so excited when karl invited everyone over for the night.

after everyone had gone inside, they stayed downstairs for a few moments only to raid karl's pantry and bring an unreasonable amount of snacks upstairs. as they rushed up to karl's room, many bags and boxes were dropped and had to be retrieved, which caused multiple close calls of falling down the stairs.

once they made it to karl's bedroom, all of the snacks were dropped on the floor and practically forgotten about while everyone claimed their spots in karl's room. he had a queen sized bed, which was immediately claimed by sapnap, and he also had a huge beanbag in the corner of his room that alex always liked to sit on. after discovering how soft karl's area rug was, clay started to sit on it every time he came over. he enjoyed sitting on the floor, and as odd as it was, george always joined him.

forcing sapnap to offer up some space, karl sat down on his bed and clasped his hands together. "so, what should we do to start off our nighttime shenanigans?"

clay looked at george, who got the memo to start talking, "well... i have some good news."

a few noises of excitement came from his friends who were obviously curious as to what the news was. as much as george wanted to tease them and say something stupid instead of telling the truth, he revealed the anticipated news, "my parents actually said yes to us staying at the beach house."

sapnap was in the middle of taking a sip of water, and he was somewhere in-between choking on it and spitting it out. karl in the other hand responded with a "what?" while alex sat there in disbelief.

"you showed us pictures of that place," alex recalled. "your parents are really gonna let five teenage boys stay at a literal mansion? you're kidding."

"i'm not kidding," george swore. "clay was there, he knows."

clay didn't expect george to use him as an alibi, but he backed him up, "that is true."

"you're always at george's house," sapnap pointed out. "you probably don't even get lost in it anymore," he guessed.

karl looked at sapnap, "you still get lost in george's house?"

"sometimes..." sapnap mumbled.

"i feel like you guys aren't as excited as you should be," george judged.

"i'm definitely excited," karl reassured, "i'm just surprised that your parents are actually gonna let us go."

"same," alex agreed. he added, "i didn't even expect you to ask them."

"i'm gonna be honest," sapnap started. he continued hesitantly, "i was completely joking when i mentioned it."

"seriously?" george groaned. the situation hadn't put him through that much trouble, but now he felt like his friends didn't actually want to spend a week in his beach mansion- but who wouldn't?

"yeah," sapnap confirmed as karl and alex started to giggle. "it's a cool idea though," he assured.

george got defensive, "it's not just an idea, it's happening. idiot."

"i never said i wouldn't go," sapnap was only a little bit intimidated, but more than he wanted to admit.

"okay, whatever," george put a stop to the dumb argument. "does anyone have anything happening in the next couple weeks that would cause them to not be able to go?"