{ 49 }

george was craving a vacation again. not just any vacation- a vacation with just clay. he felt like they needed time away from their shitty town. he didn't want to go anywhere completely unfamiliar if they were going to go alone, but george's family literally owned a beach house and george had been going there since he was a baby; he knew that area just as well as he knew this town. convincing his parents would the be hard part, but he said that last time and they agreed pretty easily. to be fair, his parents should trust him and clay more than they would trust the whole group. clay and george were the responsible ones- at least most of the time.

"mom, dad?" george called out as he walked downstairs. he didn't see his parents in the kitchen or the main living room, which was basically where they always were when they're at home.

george walked around the ground level of his house for a little while until he looked through the back windows. his parents were in the backyard, just sitting on the lounge chairs. george slid one of the glass doors open and walked out, waiting for his parents to notice that he was there.

"oh! george," his mom reacted when she saw him. she smiled at him as she offered, "come sit."

george sat down on the chair next to his mom and announced, "i have a question."

"uh oh," george's dad expressed.

george told him, "it's not that bad, i swear."

"well, what is it?" his mom grew curious.

"do you think..." george trailed off before restarting, "can clay and i spend a long weekend at the beach house? like- alone?"

george's dad pretended to spill his drink in shock. he always exaggerated reactions like that. it was funny that he was the mayor to be honest; he was so proper and sophisticated around everyone, but with his family he was just a typical dad.

"i think we trust you enough," his mom acknowledged, "the five of you did well last time; we didn't get any calls from the cleaners about damage."

"and the boat is out of the shop. you two would have fun with that," george's dad revealed.

"really?" george asked. the boat was always his favorite thing at the beach house, but it was getting worked on the last time he went. he didn't necessarily want to be on a boat with his whole friend group anyways; he would have to drive and there would be too much chaos for him to focus and they would all probably drown.

"you're gonna let george drive the boat?" josephine worried.

mason told her, "i taught him last summer. it's not that hard."

"yeah, i can drive it," george declared.

"alright, you two can go. just let me know the dates so i can tell the housekeepers that you'll be there," josephine gave in. it was incredible how lenient she had become. she added, "and... stay safe."

"oh, come on jos. it's not like george can get pregnant," mason spoke up.

"dad," george scolded as he hid his face in his hands.

"mason, that is not what i meant," josephine held back a laugh as she took her shoe off and threw it at mason. he got a louboutin heel to the face; that honestly is more of an honor than a punishment.

mason defended himself, "i was joking." he picked up the shoe and placed it on the chair next to him.

"seriously though- be safe. last time there were five of you so i wasn't as worried," josephine repeated, expressing her nerves.

"you don't need to worry, i've been going there since i was an infant. plus, clay and i were basically the parents on the last trip," george mentioned. karl, sapnap, and alex were just doing random shit the whole time and clay and george were keeping everything under control.