{ 16 }

it had been a few days since they had returned from the beach house, and the news of a pool party at punz's house had spread like a wildfire. sapnap, of course, was the first to suggest attending it, and nobody turned down the idea.

so, they were now in a crowded backyard littered with high school students in swimsuits. there was actually a surprising amount of people in the pool, alex and karl being two of them. sapnap mainly hung around punz since they hadn't seen each other in a while. clay and george switched between various activities; dancing, talking to people, making out, drinking- basically everything you could do at a party. parties were way more enjoyable now that everyone knew they were together and they didn't have to be afraid of people finding out. clay still wouldn't let george leave his sight, though.

eventually, they found themselves with sapnap, punz, and a few other people on the football team. they instantly noticed clay's new ear piercings, giving them lots of compliments. they discussed tryouts, which were officially set for the beginning of august. george didn't know how to join the conversation, so he went only a few steps away and sat at the edge of the pool to talk to alex and karl.

"get in the water, georgalicious," karl urged. that was a new nickname.

george raised an eyebrow as he responded, "i didn't come to a pool party to actually swim, dummy."

"boring," alex dragged out teasingly. it amazed george how karl and alex could have this much fun at a party with no alcohol in their systems.

"clay will hold your sunglasses for you," karl assumed, trying to convince george to come in the pool.

"that won't be necessary." george adjusted his red prada sunglasses where they sat on top of his head. george had become a fiend for designer sunglasses. "i'm not swimming with you, give up," he declared.

they in fact did not give up- they spent at least another twenty minutes coming up with reasons why george should come in the pool. he sipped on his punch that contained god knows what, but it at least made him drunk enough to not process anything his child-like friends where saying to him.

it was the first party in a while where nothing went wrong. everyone enjoyed themselves for the rest of the night and nobody cried- as long as karl and alex fake crying to bribe george didn't count.

clay and george made a post-party stop at the gas station to buy enough snacks to feed a family of ten and some slushee's, earning some odd looks from the other customers. nobody who was in a gas station at two in the morning could judge some drunk teenagers who were also at a gas station at two in the morning.

they snuck back into clay's house with their arms full of chip bags and other various foods that they probably wouldn't even eat. in their defense, all food sounds good when you're drunk after a party.

an absolute bitch of a hangover greeted them when they woke up the next morning- and also the absolute mess they had made of clay's bedroom.

"george..." clay dragged out with a groan. "just come lay back down," he begged.

"no way," george insisted. he was currently gathering all of the trash in clay's room into a pile and tidying everything up. "there is no way in hell that i am letting your room look like this," he declared as he continued to clean. george couldn't function, let-alone relax, in messy environments. his head was pounding and he felt like he could throw up at any second, but cleaning clay's room was more important.

clay was essentially talking into his pillow, muffling his words, "don't you have like- maids that clean your house?"

george could still understand him even though his voice was almost inaudible. "yeah, why?"