{ 12 }

eventually sapnap's tense state had been put to ease and the group had an enjoyable rest of their night. karl just about drank his body weight in piña coladas, so it was probably a good call for george to not use any real alcohol. there was a room full of liquor in the basement, it was practically a personal bar, but nobody had found it yet and only george had the key.

they had a late start to their day for multiple reasons. everyone slept in relatively late, but karl would not wake up for at least two hours after everyone else was up. he was suffering from a bad sugar crash and had apparently thrown up multiple times in the middle of the night, so everyone left him alone. damn piña coladas.

after karl finally came downstairs, the breakfast debate began. it would've been logical to just eat something quick so they could actually get out of the house and do something instead of wasting more time, but george insisted on cooking everyday because he wanted his friends to have a truly luxurious experience on their vacation. as much as george hated to be affectionate, he loved his friends, and the only way for him to show it was through discreet things like making them personalized drinks and home-cooked breakfasts.

although george had personal chefs for most of his life, he was always a picky eater and never really ate what his parents ate, so he learned to cook a lot of things himself. he had gotten pretty good at it over the years, but most of the time he was too lazy to put together real meals.

"fuck it," alex slammed his hands on the counter and stood up. he walked to the freezer, "i'm making toaster strudels."

"toaster strudels?" karl suddenly perked up. "we bought toaster strudels?"

"we snuck them into the cart, remember?" sapnap reminded karl, who then recalled the memory.

george had quite literally been pacing around the kitchen. he was stressed, and he shouldn't have been. "fine," he spoke, "that's fine. if you want toaster strudels make them. i'm gonna go change."

"why is he so weird?" alex questioned, trying to figure out how george's fancy toaster worked.

clay noticed alex's confusion and walked over to help him out. he also answered his question, "he just wants you guys to enjoy yourselves, really."

"we are enjoying ourselves," sapnap commented. "who wouldn't have fun in a house like this?"

"literally," karl agreed, "i could spend hours just looking at this place."

"what do my toaster strudels have to do with that?" alex once again wondered.

sapnap made a fair assumption, "george has probably never eaten a toaster strudel in his entire life. he might think you're poisoning yourself or something."

"i basically am," alex accepted, "these things are probably made with windex and lady gaga's dandruff."

"don't bring gaga into this," karl snapped. he gave alex a threatening stare for a few seconds before putting his head down on the table. he felt like shit. sapnap's hand found his way onto karl's back, doing his best to silently comfort him. he felt like shit.

clay couldn't exactly describe george's emotions in his own words, but he could do his best. "george just wants everything to be perfect," he settled on, thinking that was simple enough to help everyone understand.

"that makes sense," sapnap realized.

"i just wish he would like- let himself have fun. i don't know," clay hoped. he didn't want to get too sappy and worried boyfriend-y in front of everyone.