{ 46 }

( cw // mentions of addiction and relapse, throwing up )

"karl," george whisper-yelled to him.

karl's head immediately turned. he was with tina, who waved to george and clay when she noticed them. "oh, hello there," karl greeted. "my favorite gay people are back, this is the best day of my life."

george rolled his eyes and clay let out a giggle before speaking, "we're your favorites? awe."

"come sit with us!" tina invited. her and karl had already gotten their food, so clay and george moving to them made more sense.

"now," karl added impatiently.

clay and george both got up from their booth, taking their menus with them. tina started to stand up, causing some confusion. she explained, "i'll sit with karl so you two can sit together."

neither of them knew tina that well, but she was sweet. they were glad that she was keeping karl company while sapnap was away and alex had been unavailable.

"you just came from football, right?" karl asked clay, seeing his jersey.

clay settled in his seat and answered, "yeah, why?"

"was alex there?" karl wondered. he took a sip of his drink as he waited for a response.

"no, he wasn't," clay told, "he actually hasn't been to a practice in a while- like, at least a week."

"he isn't ignoring me but he's been telling me he's sick for a while, but he hasn't elaborated at all- not a cold, not a stomach problem, just 'sick.' it's kind of weird," karl explained to him. he expressed his concern, "i'm kinda worried, but every time i ask to come over he says no."

"just go over to his house anyways," george suggested.

"what?" karl reacted.

"if you think he's lying, then that's the easiest way to find out," george reasoned, watching as clay gave him a weird look.

"he's not wrong," tina supported. she added, "it is kind of an invasion of privacy though... maybe he's just going through something and needs some time to himself."

"alex does not do well with time to himself," clay mentioned. he was the same way.

"exactly, so just break into his house and make sure he's okay," george brought up again. he felt the disapproving looks. "what? it's not a bad idea. it's better than just letting him rot in his room."

"i don't know," karl stressed, "now that you two are finally okay it just feels like more problems are appearing out of thin air. if sapnap was here everything would be perfect and amazing."

george disagreed, "i'm not sure about perfect."

"just don't freak yourself out, karl," clay made an attempt to comfort him.

"he already has," tina admitted, "i don't know what to do with him anymore."

"great," clay sighed. when karl got anxious, he got really anxious. "we'll figure out out, okay? i'll ask around and see if anyone's heard from him."