{ 45 }

clay woke up the next morning to an empty bed and the sound of the shower running. he didn't have his phone, but george's was on the nightstand on the other side of the bed. clay reached over to check the time and saw that he had only thirty minutes before football practice started that day. sure he could skip, but punz needed him. their coach was a bitch and the team was honestly a mess.

he got out of bed, getting slightly lightheaded for a moment before walking to the bathroom door and calling out, "george?"

"come in," george invited. it was normal for clay to just sit in the bathroom while george took a shower, but it caught him off guard since they hadn't done it in a while. george showered in the morning and at night, and clay just showered at whatever point in his day that it was convenient. recently it had been right after practice.

clay slowly opened the door to enter a humid bathroom with foggy mirrors and glass. he could just barely see george through the panes of the shower.

"i um... i have football in like- half an hour," clay spoke up, not knowing if george would hear him.

"shit," george realized. he reached for the shower door to open it before telling clay, "get in."

"what?" clay questioned.

"you heard me," george urged, "you're still all gross from last night."

clay started to take off his shorts as he pointed out jokingly, "so you're calling me gross?"

george confirmed, "yes, you stink. now hurry up. take your clothes off or whatever."

once clay was undressed, he got into the shower and was basically jump-scared by how hot the water was. "oh my god, george. my skin is gonna melt off," he claimed.

"ew," george expressed with a scrunch of his nose. he turned the water temperature down just a little bit, but enough that clay wouldn't be whining about it the whole time. "why didn't you tell me you had practice?" george asked, being more stressed out than clay was.

"it wasn't exactly on my mind," clay told him with a smirk. he got a slap on the arm for that.

george grabbed a bottle of body wash and shoved it into clay's hands. "do you want me to drive you?" george offered.

"you think i'm gonna teleport or something?" clay suggested sarcastically.

george rolled his eyes and elaborated, "obviously to your house, but i can bring you to the school if you want."

"of course i want you to take me," clay agreed. he reminded, "in your fancy car that probably smells like cum and sweat."

"my car always smells good- it's not going to smell nasty like you do," george claimed with a poke to clay's soapy chest. "if my air fresheners can recover from the smell of sapnap's farts, i'm sure it can handle the smell of sex."

"that's true," clay decided.

once they had both showered, george got ready while clay sat in george's bed. george had a whole drawer in his dresser of clothes that clay had left at his house over the last couple months, so he had something else to wear besides the shorts he had been in since yesterday.

after george was ready, they left and went to clay's house. clay had his bag for football packed, so he could just grab it and go. he decided he would just change into his practice clothes in the locker room when he got there since they were already short on time- thanks to george's overly-complex morning routine.

they spent the car ride rambling about all of the things that they missed talking to each other about, and soon enough they arrived at the school. george parked his car and waited for clay to get out, but clay seemed confused. "are you coming?" he asked.