{ 32 }

karl was thrilled to be introduced to george's childhood best friends, so when george asked him to come over he agreed in an instant. he was immediately asking what time to come over, and that time had came after a few hours.

george ordered some pizza to be delivered to his house and it conveniently came right when karl arrived, so he brought it in.

"these boxes of fine cuisine magically appeared on your doorstep," karl lied as he walked in. george rolled his eyes, closing the door behind his friend and following him to the living room.

"the idiot is here," george announced to stas and sage. anastasia got up from the couch to go greet karl and introduce herself while sage stayed sitting, watching from a distance.

she held her right hand out to formally greet him, but her words gave a different energy, "hi idiot," she referenced how george introduced karl even though she knew his name. "i'm anastasia. you can call me stas, though."

"nice to meet you," karl shook her hand, fighting a giggle at the formality. "i'm karl, but idiot is a popular nickname of mine- for george at least," he side-eyed george with annoyance as he added that last part.

stas smiled, already knowing that her and karl would get along. she noticed sage's silence and called him over with an urgent hand gesture. "get over here, bitch," she demanded to her brother.

sage lazily got up off of the couch, walking up to the group. "hey," sage spoke, "i'm bitch, i guess. i'm also sage though."

"aw look," stas started in a sarcastically soft tone, "the bitch and the idiot."

"how adorable," george joked, earning a dirty look from sage and a giggle from karl.

after their first interactions, karl, stas, and sage instantly hit it off. karl could get along with basically anyone, but george was still relieved that things were going well.

with the pizzas devoured, the group now had to find another way to keep themselves entertained. they had talked and talked about the drama from each other's towns, but eventually they got bored of that. karl met dior but george didn't let him hold him; he recently learned that you should give a chameleon a few days to settle in before you start handling them.

karl had talked a lot about their friend group to assure anastasia that he was in good hands, but every mention of clay was immediately shut down. george changed the topic every time without fail and karl started to get curious, but also worried. he knew that jace was locklyn's brother, which was huge, but he didn't know that clay and george were almost broken up over it. george really didn't want to say anything about it; stas and sage were the only people who knew everything. he knew that the information was safe with them, but his other friends all knew different bits and pieces of the story. if george spilled anything else, they could put everything together.

as it got later, they changed the scenery to the movie room; mainly because it was soundproof and george's parents were asleep, but also because the couches were comfortable and it had colored lights that karl loved.

"i wish sapnap was here right now," karl expressed, laying on a couch with his head hanging off the side. "you guys would love him," he predicted. he glanced at stas who was on another couch leaning against george's side. she was nearly asleep. sage was sitting on the floor with his back against the couch that karl was laying on.

"isn't sapnap the one-," stas started before being cut off.

george not-so-sneakily slapped his hand over her mouth. stas lost her filter when she was tired and completely forgot what she isn't supposed to say. she didn't really understand why george didn't want karl knowing about his theory that him and sapnap were in love, because george was apparently so confident in it, but she just went with it. until she got tired, at least.