{ 4 }

sapnap and alex practically teleported back to karl's room when everyone decided that they were done with the bonfire. that left karl, george, and clay to clean up. there wasn't a huge mess, just tons of marshmallow roasting sticks lying around and leftover packs of graham crackers everywhere.

it didn't take them long, but they still decided to act pissed when they went back up to karl's room to find alex and sapnap looking all comfortable. after a brief argument, alex and sapnap insisted that they just 'didn't want anyone to take their spots.' speaking of their spots, clay and george had chosen to sit on the floor earlier, which meant that they didn't really have anywhere to sleep. karl always encouraged alex to not sleep on the beanbag, but he never listened.

there was a spare bedroom not too far from karl's, and clay and george offered to just sleep there. after lots of discussion, karl suggested to just move the mattress from that room into his room. it was a difficult process, but at least they could all sleep in the same room. karl's room was pretty big, but not humongous. alex and sapnap were convinced that the mattress wasn't going to fit, but it did. clay and george stole quite a few blankets and pillows from karl's bed to make their mattress on the floor more comfortable, and sapnap seemed to be more upset about it than karl.

"alex you're gonna get scoliosis if you sleep on that beanbag again," sapnap insisted.

"no i won't," alex denied. "it's not like you would allow me to sleep on karl's bed anyways."

"you're right," sapnap declared, grabbing a pillow and tucking it under his head. "enjoy your back pain, loser." alex rolled his eyes, pulling a blanket over his head to signify that he was annoyed.

karl spoke up, "sapnap... i was using that pillow."

sapnap didn't turn his head to look at karl when he talked, "it wasn't even touching you."

"that was my approximately-four-inches-away-from-my-left-leg pillow," karl explained. sapnap ignored him, burying his head deeper into the 'stolen' pillow.

"you didn't get mad when clay stole all of your blankets," george mentioned, recalling the memory from a few hours ago. clay had quite literally stripped every blanket from karl's bed, resulting in karl having to steal more from the linen closet.

"you're the one using all of them," clay pointed out, seeing that george was burying himself in all of the blankets. someone could probably jump on top of him and he wouldn't even feel it because of how thick the layer of blankets was.

"because you got them for george, dumbass," alex finally joined the conversation again, no longer hiding under his blanket. "when he went to the bathroom you were all like 'my poor little georgie gets so cold at night... please karl, i'm begging you! please give me every single blanket in your house so my sweet georgie poo won't get cold,'" alex mocked, obviously exaggerating quite a lot.

"i did not say that," clay claimed.

sapnap commented, "you lowkey did."

"not word-for-word, but it was pretty close," karl judged.

clay turned to look at george, hoping he would defend him, but the brunet was already cracking up. he knew that clay didn't actually say that, but it was funny to imagine it.

everyone had rediscovered their snack stash from earlier, but none of the junk food that they had was satisfying them. karl came up with an idea that received quite a bit of criticism, "we should go make hot chocolate."

"it's two in the morning," george mentioned, knowing that nobody would be able to be quiet if they went downstairs.

"it's also like- two billion degrees outside," sapnap added, "who drinks hot chocolate in summer?"