We Should Date

"Another killer rehearsal in the books!" I yelled excitedly at the band. Honey smiled at me before saying, "yeah, but are we ready for this weekend?"

"Oh come on," I walked over to her. "We're so ready."

She smiled down at me before grabbing my chin lightly and shaking my head slightly. "Whatever you say, darling."

Honey and I have been flirting back and forth nonstop these past few weeks. After joining Bliss, everything seemed to fall into place. I hung out with Chris and Andy almost every weekend, I settled into River and I's apartment, I got comfortable with the band, I even got Stone to give me a hug! 

And of course, the attention from Honey wasn't bad.

"Alright, pizza time?" D asked as we were packing up our equipment. 

"Absolutely" Rivs said with a relieved sigh. We'd been working hard all night, and for a while, we all thought rehearsal would never end. When we were all packed up, we all hopped into Honey's van and headed down to our favorite pizza shop.

When we arrived, I immediately saw that Andy was there. I ran over and put my hands over his eyes. "Guess who" I said with a giant smile on my face. 

"I'm guessing someone who needs to take their hands off my boyfriend." I heard someone say behind me. I whipped around fast to see a woman with her arms crossed staring daggers at me. 

"Xana, it's okay. This is Ems. Remember, I told you about her already" Andy said, trying to defend me. I turned bright red and excused myself to the bathroom before my bandmates made it over to the table. 

"Oh, I'm sorry baby," Xana said, trying to act like she was innocent and sweet. "I completely forgot about that!"

I couldn't stay in this bathroom forever. I had to go back out there at some point. I turned to walk back out, but before I could, the door opened. Honey was standing there with a worried look on her face. 

"Are you okay, Ems? I know Xana can be a lot sometimes."

"Yeah I'm okay. Just embarrassed" I said wiping my hands on my legs. 

"Hey, it's okay," she said, taking my hands in hers. I looked up in her eyes and she smiled at me. "I'll protect you from her."

She leaned down towards me and I got butterflies in my stomach. Was I really about to kiss my guitar player? I closed my eyes, but just before her lips could reach mine, someone cleared their throat behind us. 

"You know, I don't think that would be a good image for the band. I mean, who would want to willingly listen to a band that has two lesbians in it." I yanked my hands from Honey and my wide eyes met a smiling stranger.

"Oh. Hello Lisa. I can see you're just as lovely as ever" Honey said to the stranger. 

"Honey, who is this?" I asked.

Honey sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "This is our old singer."

"Oh," I said, still not completely understanding why there was bad blood.

"Well, I've got to get going. Wouldn't want to catch anything" she said laughing, and then turning to leave. I wiped my hands hard on my legs and tried to keep myself in the moment. 

Honey turned back to me with an empathetic look and reached for my hands again. I backed up slightly before speaking. "You know, maybe she's right. I don't think people would want to come see us play or buy our albums one day." 

Before she could respond, I walked past her and back to the table. I sat next to Chris for stability. A few moments later, Honey walked out and sat on the other side of me. She gave me a weak smile and placed her hand on my knee. It felt good, so I didn't stop her. All I did was smile back. 

---

A few days later, I was at Chris' place. We were getting some things ready for the gig the next day, and I was nervous as hell.

"Okay, I think we've got set lists figured out and image, now what?" I asked him. 

He chuckled lightly at me and said, "I think that's all we need. You're doing great M&M."

I smiled back at him. Just then I got a crazy idea. I shot up out of my seat and looked towards him. "We should date!" I exclaimed. 

He laughed at me before saying, "I thought we already determined that wasn't a good idea."

"No no no not like date, I mean 'date.' Okay look, I really like Honey, but someone got me nervous about what the public would think. So what if to the public it looked like we were dating, so they don't get suspicious about me and Honey?"

"I mean, I think people would be okay with you and Honey, but I'll do it if you want me to. I'd do anything for you M-" Before he could finish I tackled him in a hug. I kissed his cheeks over and over. "Thank you so much, Chris!"

"Of course, baby" He said, laughing at me. I laughed back him. 

I could potentially make this work.