Mookie

~Ems POV~

"Ready to go Eds?!" I yelled down the hall to Eddie's room. When I didn't get a response I headed towards his room.

"Eds? We're going to be late if we don't hurry" I said while walking. I reached his room and cautiously walked in. I looked around and no one was there. I walked over to his bed and saw a notebook sitting open. I couldn't help but look at it for a moment. 

Sheets of empty canvas
Untouched sheets of clay
Were laid spread out before me
As her body once did

"Whatcha doin?"

I jumped at the voice behind me, quickly turning to face him. I saw Eddie standing in the doorway, pulling a flannel over his shoulders. 

"I- I was just looking for you. We have to go or we'll be late to Chris'" I said walking towards him, hoping he didn't see me slightly snooping. He smiled at me before holding out his hand. "Well we better get going then."

I laughed and grabbed his hand. He started to run towards the front door, pulling me behind him. I laughed as I was dragged through our apartment. We hopped into his truck and he popped in a tape. 

"Let me guess, The Who?" I said jokingly. 

"You already know it" Eddie said chuckling, backing the truck out of the driveway.

We pulled up to Chris' house and saw everyone's car there already. I wiped my hands on my legs, stressing about being possibly late. I turned to get out of the truck and headed towards the house, Eddie following closely behind me. 

We walked into the backyard and were greeted by everyone there. I smiled at everyone and waved my hand. "How's everyone doing?" I asked before sitting down next to Chris. Everyone muttered a response before going back to playing music. 

"Hey Corn, what did I miss?" I asked Chris. He smiled at me and put an arm around me to calm me down. "You haven't missed anything yet. We waited for you guys." I smiled up at Chris before turning back to everyone else. Chris then spoke up.

"Okay, let's talk Temple. I wrote this song I think would be great for the tribute. Do you guys want to hear it?" he asked everyone. We all nodded our heads and Chris grabbed a guitar. 

"Okay, here it goes"

When he finished, I sat there in awe of him and his voice. Everyone starting saying how much they liked the song and how Andy would love it, but I just sat there, staring at Chris' face. I felt a single tear fall from my eye. I quickly wiped it away and excused myself from the group. I held myself together until I got into the house, quickly finding the bathroom lock.

I sunk down to the floor and threw my face into my hands. Quiet sobs left my lips as I thought of Chris' song. As I sat there, I began to think of Andy. How sweet he was and how much he cared for people, even if he barely knew them. It wasn't fair. He should still be here. 

My eyes began to feel heavy so I laid on the bathroom floor. I could get in a quick nap before going back out there. I didn't want to ruin anyone's night.

"Ems, can you hear me?"

I looked around, not seeing anyone in the fog.

"I can hear you but I can't see you!" I yelled out into the thick air. 

"Walk forward! I'm right here!" the voice yelled back at me. 

I walked towards the voice and the fog began to clear. I saw someone standing in front of me, their back turned to me. I saw tight pants, a tank top, a brimmed hat, long blonde hair..

"Andy?" I softly asked.

He turned around quickly to see me. He smiled at me and pulled me into a hug. 

"Ems" was all he said. 

I threw my arms around him and cried into his shoulder.

"Andy why did you leave us?" I asked as I cried. 

"I'm sorry, darling. I didn't mean to, I really didn't mean to" he said, hand on my head. 

"I miss you so much" I said to him, not wanting to ever let go.

"I miss you too, darling. But you have to move on. There's someone out there who loves you and needs you."

I pulled back slightly to look at him. "Move on from you?" I asked.

He smiled at me. "Move on from the past. Love me, but don't let it hold you back. Love Chris, but move on from him as well. The one who loves you is ready for you. Go to him Ems. He needs you." He pulled away from me and started walking away. 

"Wait!" I yelled following him. "Are you talking about Eddie? Andy! Is it Eddie?!" I yelled at him. 

He stopped for a moment, turning back to me. "He's got an amazing voice. Let Stone and Jeff know they made a good choice with that one. I'll see you later, Ems. Hopefully much, much later."

He then walked into the fog, disappearing before my eyes. 

I shot up out of my sleep. I looked around the room confused for a moment. 

I got up and looked in the mirror. My face was slightly swollen but it didn't look too bad. I splashed some cold water on it. I took a deep breath and walked out of the door. 

I reached the crowd again and sat next to Eddie this time. He smiled down at me and placed a hand on the small of my back. I smiled back at him and listened to the conversation. 

Eddie turned to me and spoke up. "Did you hear we settled on a name?" he asked me quietly. I shook my head no and he leaned closer to me. "We settled on Mookie Blaylock" he said. I giggled at him. "Like the basketball player?" I asked him. He nodded his head and laughed with me. we were pulled out of our own conversation when someone said my name. 

"Okay Ems, what do you have to tell us?" Kim asked me, bringing me into the conversation. I wiped my hands on my legs and smiled at everyone. 

"Yes, okay, yesterday I got a call from Susan. She said she had a friend who was interested in Bliss. He wants us to make an album" I finished with a smile. 

River almost dropped their drink. D jumped up from his seat. "Holy shit! Are you serious?!" he yelled at me. 

"Dead serious!" I yelled back at him, standing to join them in their excitement. 

"Oh my god!" D yelled, running over to me and picking me up, spinning me around. He started planting kisses all over my face. I laughed and tried to wiggle out of his arms. 

Everyone else joined us in a giant group hug. I looked at Eddie and he looked at me, giving me a giant smile. I wanted to kiss him right then and there. I didn't, I needed to wait for the right time. Soon, but not yet.

 Soon.