My Dearest

~Eddie's POV~

I stood in Ems' living room, Beck sitting in front of me trying to talk to me about what had happened. I didn't want to hear any of it.

"Eddie, we've been through so much. I want to make this work with you. Can't you see that we are meant to be able to withstand this kind of stuff?"

I let her keep rambling. I wasn't really listening to what she was saying. I was thinking of Ems. The look of hurt on her face when Beck mentioned a wedding is something I won't forget. I never wanted to see her hurt like that, and it killed me to not comfort her in that moment.

"I was just so angry that she was so close to you. It's like she was in love with you or something. It was too much, Eddie. That's why I did it, for us." She finished speaking and looked at me, waiting for me to respond.

I looked at her in that moment, but didn't say anything. I knew I would yell if I opened my mouth. She walked towards me, hand coming up to my chest. She leaned in to kiss me and I moved out of the way, turning away from her.

"Eddie, please, we can move past this."

"I already have moved past this" I said, not looking at her. "I've already moved on. I need you to get your things out of this apartment and leave, Rebecca."

I walked to Ems' room. I didn't want to be around Beck anymore, I just wanted Ems. I laid on her bed and looked up at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and thought of her. I wanted to know what she was doing in that moment. I wanted to make her feel better about everything going on around us.

~Ems' POV~

I woke up on Chris' couch to a slight shaking. I looked up to see Chris smiling at me. I smiled at him and sat up, rubbing my eyes slightly.

"Good morning, sleepy head. Here is your 5 star meal, my dear" he said handing me a plate of food.

"This smells amazing" I said before taking a bite. "Tastes even better" I said with a smile.

He sat back on the couch and turned on the tv. I sat back as well and continued eating. It felt nice to just sit with him again. It hadn't been long since the incident, quite literally only a day, but it felt okay again.

"Chris, I'm glad we can still be friends" I said with a smile. He looked over at me and put an arm around my shoulders.

"I'm glad too. I'm really sorry for the way things happened though. You didn't deserve that, M&M. I hope Eddie treats you a lot better."

I sighed at his words and looked down at my plate. I knew Eddie could treat me better, but..

"I don't know if I'm ready for him."

Chris looked at me again, a confused expression on his face.

"You've waited years for him though. You clearly love him, M. Why wouldn't you be ready?"

I bit my lip and thought for a moment. Chris did have a point. I had been waiting for Eddie for so long, and I finally had the chance to have him all to myself. But something about it didn't feel right.

"He just broke up with Beck. I don't want to just be the person he uses to get over her. Plus, I still love someone else. I mean I know that person isn't for me, so that makes it a little easier. But I think I need time to heal from, well, the other healing. I want to be able to give Eddie all of my love, but I can't do that if someone else is still carrying a piece of my heart."

He didn't say anything at first. He just leaned over more and gave me a small hug. I smiled and hugged him back.

"I'm proud of you for making such an adult decision" he said softly.

"Well, I figure I've been making a lot of poor decisions lately. Andy wouldn't want me to do that. He'd want me to make music. He'd want me to live" I trailed off as I was talking. I hadn't sat and thought about Andy for a while.

"Corn, do you have a notebook I can borrow?" I asked after a few moments. He smiled and nodded his head before getting up off of the couch. He walked back to the couch with a small notebook and pen in his hands.

"Watch a master at work" I joked at him before curling up with the notebook.

It's okay to let go of the ones you once knew

As long as you promise me to stay true to you

I wish you were here, oh what I would give

But for now you're gone, and for you I'll live

I'll love you forever, one day they'll see

You were always an angel, my dearest friend, Andy