Honeysuckle

-Ems' POV-

I opened Chris' door to see River, D, and Mike. I smiled brightly at them and invited them in. I gave Rivs a hug as they walked in. We stood in the kitchen and I offered everyone a beer. 

"I'm sorry Chris isn't home yet. I guess he's still with Stone and them" I said before taking a sip.

"Well, that gives us some band time. I think we should start playing again" D said to me. I smiled at him and nodded my head. 

"I think we should too, I've been working on some new material, but I'm not sure any of it is good" I said to them all. We decided to jam out while waiting for Chris and the others.

We sat in the living room with a guitar and a bass, D would just drum on his lap.

"Okay, so here's a new one I was working on. I'm not 100% sure on the music yet, but I've got the lyrics down

Make me over

I'm all I want to be

A walking study

In demonology...

And I don't know how you guys are feeling about the situation but I wrote this lyric, we don't have to include it if you guys don't want to though

Honeysuckle 

She's full of poison

She obliterated everything she kissed"

I sang the song to them waiting for a reaction. I was met by smiles from everyone. 

"Hell yeah, I can see something like this" Mike said and began playing a few chords.

We sat around laughing and writing more for the song. I felt happier than I had in a long while. My world seemed to be healing itself. After a while, Chris showed up.

"Hey guys!" he started. "I'm so glad everyone could be here! Um Ems, could I talk to you in my room for a minute? And Rivs if I could talk to you for a quick second. But Ems, go ahead to my room. I'll be there in a minute."

He was talking fast and looked worried. We all stayed seated and looked at him for a moment.

"Chris, is everything okay?" River asked after a few seconds. He kept looking behind his shoulder.

"Yes, yes everything is fine. Stone and Jeff found their new singer. He's really excited to meet you guys. But please Ems, just go to my room for a minute and I'll be there."

I stood up and walked over to him. I placed my hand on his arm and looked him in the eyes. "Chris-"

"Now, Emelia!"

I jumped at his words and looked at him with wide eyes. My lip started to quiver and I quickly went to Chris' room. What could be making him act like this?

-Chris' POV-

I didn't want to yell at her like that, but I knew I had to. Eddie could walk in at any moment and I needed to talk to Ems before that. I had to make sure she was okay. 

I pulled River to the side. "Dude, why did you yell at her like that?" was the first thing they said to me.

"Look, the person that is the new singer for them is the reason Ems came to Seattle. Its Eddie." 

River looked at me with wide eyes. "Shit" they whispered to themselves.

"Yeah I know, so I'm going to go and try to explain it to her before she sees him" I said. I turned away from River and walked towards my room. Before I got there, Eddie and Stone walked in. Everyone greeted Eddie with warm smiles. He waved at me and I smiled to him. I then turned and continued to my room.

I quickly closed the door behind me. Ems was sitting on the bed with tears on her face.

"I'm sorry if I did anything wrong," she said to me. "I don't know what I did but whatever it is I'm sorry. I'll fix it if you need me to. I'm sorry Chris." She started to cry again. 

My heart broke for her. I sat next to her on the bed and pulled her to my chest.

"M&M, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm sorry I acted like that, but you didn't do anything wrong." She pulled back and looked at me with her doughy eyes. "Then what is it?" she asked. 

I stood from the bed and paced for a moment. I ran my hand through my hair and tried to find the words to say. She stood up and walked to me. She grabbed my face so I had to look at her. 

"Chris, whatever it is, you can tell me. Anything at all." She kissed me softly and I sighed as she pulled away. 

"Well," I started, "the new singer for the band is-"

"Ems?"

My eyes grew wide. The voice came from behind me. Ems slowly backed away from me and looked at the person behind me. I turned around and saw Eddie standing there.

"Chris," Ems said to me, "I can't see.."

I caught her as she collapsed.