Black

~Ems' POV~

"Thank you so much for everyone that came out tonight! I hope y'all are ready for our friends Mookie Blaylock; they're going to blow your freaking minds!" I yelled into the mic before waving out at the crowd. I ran off stage and was greeted first by Chris. He picked me up and spun me around in a hug. 

"Fabulous as ever Miss Emelia. Hey, Susan is looking for you, go find her" he said while putting me down. I smiled at him and nodded my head. "I'm going to go wish Eddie good luck first" I said before walking away. 

I found Eddie backstage quickly, him running up to me. He picked me up in a tremendous bear hug. "You were so amazing! How the hell are we supposed to go on after that?" he said, chuckling at me. I laughed at him, patting his chest. "You guys are going to rock. Break a leg out there, lovey."

I felt him tense under my touch when I said that last part. I smiled up at him before walking away. "I'll see you after the show!" I yelled at him before disappearing to the crowd. 

I saw Susan sitting at the bar with a drink in her hand. I walked up and sat down next to her. 

"Hey! Chris said you were looking for me?"

"Emelia! Yes! That friend I was telling you about is here! He watched the show and knows for sure he can get you guys a deal, album and everything! He's just went to the bathroom but he should be back any minute now" she said to me, taking a sip of her drink as she finished. I smiled at her and nodded my head. 

Before the guy had a chance to come back, the boys hit the stage. I turned to watch them, waiting for the guy but also really wanting to join the crowd. 

"Hi everyone! I'm Eddie, this is my band Mookie Blaylock. We like basketball. Um, we're going to sing a couple songs for you tonight before Soundgarden comes on. But I wish we went before Bliss. They're a touch act to follow." I could practically see his cheeks heat up as her said that, face down to the ground. I knew Eddie was nervous, but I knew once he got started that would change. 

"This first one is called Even Flow"

The boys started playing and the crowd seemed to dance a little. I smiled bigger than I probably ever had. Eddie started singing and I was once again mesmerized by his voice. Each time he sang was better than the last. I thought about the song he had written for me; I wondered if he'd sing it tonight. 

Someone tapping my shoulder pulled me out of my thoughts. I turned around and was greeted by a tall man in a suit. 

"You're a little dressed up for a show like this don't you think?" I yelled at him, laughing slightly. 

He chuckled at my remark and smiled at me. "I'm Michael, Susan's friend" he said, holding his hand out for me to take. I blushed remembering my remark towards him before taking his hand and shaking it. "Emelia, but you can call me Ems" I said with a smile. 

He sat next to me and we yelled over the music. After a few more songs I could tell Eddie was getting tired and I figured the show would be over soon, Soundgarden hitting the stage next. 

"Do you want to go somewhere more quiet to talk about this stuff?" Michael yelled over the music. I thought about it for a minute. I didn't want to miss the rest of Eddie's set, but this was a huge opportunity for us. I turned to Michael and nodded my head. He smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the venue into the street. 

"I know a great coffee shop we can go to" he said smiling at me, still holding my hand. I smiled back nervously and went along with it. I didn't want him to think this was a date or that I liked him, but I didn't want to ruin Bliss' chance either. What do I do?

~Eds' POV~

"Thank you everyone. For this last one we're going to slow it down a little. I wrote this song a little bit ago about a girl I really liked. She's the light in my darkness and I hope she wakes up every day knowing that. I'm still waiting for you, bunny. I'll wait forever for you. This one is called Black."

I sang the song with as much emotion as humanly possible. When it was over I looked out to the crowd, smiling widely. They cheered for us and we bowed. We ran off stage together, the guys of Soundgarden there to congratulate us on a great show. 

"Where's Ems?" I asked Chris, figuring if anyone knew where she was it was him. 

"Last I saw she was out at the bar with Susan" he said. I thanked him and ran out to the bar area. I spotted Susan sitting alone and got a knot in my stomach. 

"Hey Susan! What did you think?" I asked as I approached her. 

"You guys were wonderful!" she yelled at me. I smiled at her words and ordered some water.

"Do you know where Ems is?" I asked going to take a sip.

"Oh yes, she left with my friend Michael."

I nearly choked on the water. I looked at her with wide eyes.

"She left with another guy?" I asked, barely audible.

"Yes, why? Is something wrong?" she asked. I shook my head no and headed backstage again. 

She left with another guy. I stood up there and confessed all of my feelings for her in front of everyone and she just fucking left.

She left me.

Alone.