Mother Love

"Mother Love Bone!" I yelled as I walked in the room. Stone and Jeff smiled at me, and Andy turned around to see me. I smiled a big goofy smile at him and was met with an equally goofy smile. 

"Well hello there, lovely" Andy said, walking up to me. I threw my arms around his neck and let a tear slip. It had been far too long since I had seen him, since he had been home. Mother Love Bone had an album coming out soon and I was so excited to see the boys grow. They had worked so hard for this, and Andy had to work a little harder than the others to beat this addiction. I was so fucking proud of him.

"I missed you so much!" I yelled at him while pulling away. He wiped a tear from my face. "I'm so glad you're home."

"I'm glad to be home too. So, why don't you tell me about you and Cornell" he said, sitting down and wanting me to follow. 

"Oh, that's not what it looks like" I laughed slightly. "Chris and I are pretending to date in case Bliss takes off. I've been seeing Honey for a while and we were worried people wouldn't want to listen to us if, you know."

"Sounds like quite the scheme" he said, smiling at me before turning to the tv.

The other boys joined us on the couch after a few minutes and we sat there all night long. 

---

I woke up the next day in Chris' bed. 

"How do I always end up back here?" I asked myself. I got out of the bed and went into the kitchen area. Chris was out on tour with Soundgarden and Andy was with Mother Love Bone, trying to talk album.

I gathered my things and headed back to my apartment. When I got there, Rivs was sitting on the couch. 

"Hey man, you doing okay?" I asked as I sat next to them.

"I'm doing great man, just a little worried" they replied. "Honey seems to be getting distant from the band. I don't know how to explain it, but it feels like she doesn't want to do it anymore."

"Oh, I don't know. She hasn't said anything to me about that" I said, trying to calm Rivs down. I didn't want them to get worked up right now. This time should be dedicated to Andy, not worrying about our band.

"Yeah, I should probably stop worrying" they said before turning back to the tv. We didn't talk about it after that. A weird silence fell over the room.

"Do you think we'll have an album one day?"

I looked over at River. They were still looking at the tv. I smiled weakly.

"Of course we'll have an album one day," I said to them. "Why wouldn't we?"

"I don't know," they started. "I just feel like something bad is going to happen. Something band breaking. I guess I'm just being paranoid."

I scooted closer to them and gave them a giant hug. "Nothing is going to happen to Bliss. We aren't going to break up. I promise. We are going to make it big and sell a whole bunch of records. We're going to go on world tours and headline festivals. We are going to be huge."

"God, I hope you're right. But if not us, who is bringing me this feeling?"

"I don't know, man" I started. "All we can do is wait and see."