Stoney

~Stone's POV~

"God, what is that noise?!"

"That's the alarm clock, dumby. It goes off every morning!"

"Well make it not go off anymore! I just want to lay here all day!"

I rolled to my side and grabbed River's body. I pulled them as close to me as possible and nuzzled into their neck.

"Well I can't turn it off if you're holding me hostage" they laughed as they wiggled out of my arms. I groaned at the sudden emptiness but smiled at them.

I rubbed my eyes and slowly opened them, the light from outside slightly blinding me. Once the alarm clock was off, River rolled back over and snuggled into my side. I sighed contently and put my arm around them, holding them tight.

"Let's stay here all day. I don't have any plans, do you?" I asked them. They looked up at me and shook their head. I smiled down at them and leaned down to kiss them.

The warmth of their lips on mine was all I ever needed to feel better. But of course that was cut short by the phone ringing.

"Goddammit!" I yelled playfully as I pulled away from them. They laughed at my outburst as I stood from the bed. I chuckled lowly as I walked to the phone on the kitchen wall.

"Gossard speaking" I said into the phone.

"Hiya Stoney, it's Honey" the voice on the other end said to me. I felt my heart drop for a second.

"Honey, how are you?" I asked, leaning against the wall and talking lowly, hoping River wouldn't hear me.

"I'm good, besides every one there hating me, but I kind of expected that" she said in a low voice.

"Yeah, but you left us all at a time we needed you, dude. Of course everyone is mad."

"Even you, Stoney?" I gritted my teeth at her words.

"Especially me" I said after a few moments. I looked down at the ground and waited for her to say something.

"You know I couldn't be there for that. I couldn't be there for-"

"For deciding who to comfort. I know" I said finishing her sentence. "But you could've at least been here for all of us a little bit. You didn't have to focus on any one person."

"Stoney, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for it all. I just knew Ems would want me all to herself to help her get over it and all I wanted was to be there for you. All I wanted was you in that moment, and it freaked me out! I just had to get out of there. Please, Stoney, forgive me?"

I stood there silent for a moment. I stared at the wall in front of me. The only sound in the room was the ticking of the clock and my deep breaths. I sighed and closed my eyes, rubbing them harder than earlier.

"No, Honey, I don't forgive you. You should've never gotten with Ems if you weren't over me. We happened a long time ago and it was a mistake."

"Well by that logic you shouldn't have gotten with River then. Are you even over me now?"

"Goodbye, Hunter." I slammed the phone on the receiver. I couldn't believe what I had heard. I rub my face and grabbed a glass of water, preparing myself to walk back into the room with River. How was I supposed to explain any of this to them now that Honey has done the things she's done? How can I guarantee any of this will last if Honey comes back around?

And knowing her, she'll come back around.