I'll Wait for You

~Ems' POV~

"Eds, let's talk for a minute" I said pulling away from him. I sat up on the edge of the bed and stared at the wall. I felt him shift on the bed and was met by him at my side.

"What's wrong, Ems?" he asked me, a look of worry covered his face.

I released a deep sigh and smiled at him. I had to do this now or it would only get harder.

Before I could speak, Eddie began talking.

"Ems, I think I know what you're going to say. But before you do, there's something I want to say. I think we should wait to be anything serious. I want to prove to you that I'm not just using you to get over Beck. I love you, and I want to make sure you fully know that. So for now, let's just be the best friends we've always been."

He brought my hand to his lips and gave it a gentle kiss. I smiled at him before saying "thank you."

"Now what do you say we get something to eat" Eddie said getting off of the bed. I just smiled and nodded.

We raced each other to the kitchen, winner getting to choose what we cook.

"My feet were in the kitchen first!"

"Nuh uh! Plus, I touched the counter before you did!"

"It was who gets to the kitchen first, Eds, not who gets to the counter!"

"Okay okay, what if I cook though? Then can I choose what we eat?"

"I guess so" I gave up the fight. Eddie always knew he could win with me. He smiled before turning to the fridge, searching for something he could make into a meal. I sat at the table in the room and waited to see what Eddie would come up with.

He sighed loudly and turned to me.

"Okay so what about takeout?" My hand flew to my mouth as I snorted at what he said. He laughed and went over to the phone. Before he could pick it up it started ringing.

"Huh, trippy" I said walking over to him. He picked up the phone.

"Hello?" He handed the phone to me. "It's for you" he said.

"Hello this is Emelia" I said into the phone.

"Hi Emelia! It's Susan Silver. I hope it's okay I got your number from Chris. I wanted to let you know a friend of mine was at the last show and they loved Bliss. He wants to meet up with you guys to discuss the possibility of an album!"

I almost dropped the phone at what I heard. "Oh my god, are you serious?" I practically yelled into the phone. Eddie looked at me slightly worried. After a smile broke out on my face he relaxed a bit.

"I am very serious! Should I tell him you're interested?" Susan asked me.

"Yes yes of course! I can't wait to tell the others!"

"Wonderful! I can't wait to see where Bliss goes from here Emelia! I'll call you back shortly to set up an appointment with him. Stay lovely!"

"Thank you so much, Susan! Have a good day, bye."

I set the phone back on the hook and stood there silent for a minute. I felt Eddie's hand hold my shoulder for a moment before anything was said. I turned to him, tears beginning to form in my eyes.

"Bliss is getting an album" I said quietly.

Eddie's face lit up. He picked me up and spun me around in a hug.

"I'm so proud of you, Ems!" He said before setting me back down. I stood there with my hands on his chest, looking into his eyes. I smiled up at him before pulling away. I was afraid that if I stood like that for a second more, I would betray myself and kiss him. I couldn't resist him. That much is true.

"We need to get the band together to tell them! I'll call my guys, you call your guys, one of us will call Chris, and Chris will call his guys. We need to party!" I yelled before turning back to the phone to call everyone.

We all decided to meet at Chris' tomorrow night to go over Temple stuff and to tell the Bliss news. I could barely sleep.

I stirred around in bed until about 2 am. I gave up and walked to the living room to watch tv. I slightly jumped when I saw Eddie already on the couch sleeping. He was sitting up with his head laying back. I smiled and sat next to him.

"I hope we end up together, Eds. I love you. I wish time could hurry up so I could love you fully. But I'll wait. I'll always wait for you."

I gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek, careful not to wake him. I sat back on the couch and watched tv until I too fell alseep.