| IX - A First Experience |

Of the assortment of dresses, I find a long white sundress that covers most my body capping over my shoulders. It tightens at the waist and flares with a small v-cut at the top that still covers my cleavage. A pair of sandals is my go-to tossing them on to find them wrap perfectly around my feet. It's disturbing how well they guessed my sizes, but some small little being in the back of my head is screaming thanks that it's actual clothing. My hair is a mess, and I take the time to braid it and use some dry shampoo I find at the closet vanity. You look somewhat human.

"Find everything?" His deep voice pulls me from my trance, I give him the side eye turning my back to him. Ares buttons himself up, fixing the shirt on himself before tucking it into his slacks. A small belt is wrapped around his waist and tie wrapped around his neck. I could strangle this hot fucker with that. He looks like a walking god strutting around the closet to stare at me. I stand up from the vanity to keep a distance between us. To my surprise his speed is more than I expected, his body towering over mine inches from my front.

"Ready? You look beautiful." He comes over to me running the back of his hand down my cheek all the way to the base of my throat. I attempt to pull away, but his other hand is on my lower back holding me in place. How did he get to this side so quickly? How come I didn't see him move?

"I'm- I'm ready."

"Jessica will be riding with us, Josh as well. Will that appease you?" His voice is scratchy and low. It's exactly the type of voice I've written about in my diary as a child, the same type that I'd go crazy for in my romance dramas. A sad, lonely, guilty pleasure.

"Taking us home would appease me, Mr. Gray."

Ares meets my eyes, pausing his small massage he tends to on my lower back, "That can't happen. One day you will understand. Now come, we can't be late."

"Aren't you the boss? Show up when you want to?" His hands transition away from me only one wrapping around my wrist in an iron grip. I give one good yank, Ares giving me a look in return, "Be fair here, I have to at least try."

"My people value my timely manner, makes things run more smoothly. The only reason I would tolerate being late is to pleasure you before I leave." Oh. Not the expected or warranted response.

"That will never happen." But you want it to. Shut yourself down, Vee. Shut it down.

"We'll see about that." I am dragged from the room, my lungs lose their air, arms covered with the nervous electric feeling whenever we touch. His steps hold purpose, mine a mimic of a small child being forced to go somewhere by a parent. While he leads me through the well decorated hallways, I note the pictures of the employees that line walls, some of Ares with others. All of them are shirtless, some pretending to howl, one or two contain wolves. Wolves? Do these people believe their wolves? Or is this some weird wolf shelter? Like a side hobby.

"This is our home, I had it built when I took over the role of leader. My people have filled it with photos to make it homier while I lived alone. I encourage you to decorate it to your liking when you find yourself bored."

"I don't care, nor am I a decorator." I whisper watching the images continue to fly by while I'm dragged down a staircase. The home itself is lovely, extremely cozy, and warm with a fireplace at the front. Pillows are stacked against a plush looking couch, that sitting on a grand rug my toes beg to sink into. It's like a perfect combination of functional and woodsy. While I might not have picked this for my personal abode, I must appreciate the time that went into such an extravagant layout. Ares ignores my comment guiding me outside to his patio not bothering to lock the door before taking me down the porch steps.

"Do you have a preference on vehicle?" He gives me a smile letting me look over the few cars that sit in his driveway. I've never been a car fan. The few vehicles that linger out front are lack luster, none screaming for me to sit in them. I know they're some of luxury, but that's the limit of my understanding.

"Not really, something that takes me home and leaves me there would suffice." He ignores me once more and proceeds to pull me to the nice car he'd picked me up in for our date. Suffocating. This is suffocating. He puts me in the passenger door running to the driver's door. I lose sight on him as I turn to exit the car, but feel his warm hand on mind tugging the door closed, "How did you...?" It makes no logical sense how he got around the car fast enough to have time to stop me before I had time to exit. No ones that fast.

"Come on baby. I don't want to fight you all morning."

"Then you kidnapped the wrong woman."

He laughs again, a beautiful laugh that fills my heart with warmth, "No, definitely the right one."

The car lurches forward through the forest, my brain boggling at the number of trees that surround us, "We are a few hours from New York, this is my primary residence. I personally take a helicopter when I need to go to Main City."

"Because that's so normal." I spit back. I'm not stupid enough to launch from a moving vehicle, and something tells me that I wouldn't have the time too anyways. Ares seems relaxed, comes off like a breeze of comfort, but the way his knuckles wrap around the steering wheel till white and the eyes glancing over to me every few moments tells me that he's ready to stop any plans I might force up.

"I never said it was. Today we are going to my more local office. Most of my men work from this land."

"Land? Like you own land, and they work off it. Just for clarification."

"Precisely." No way in hell these people believe they are the wolves of the night, but all these little details seem to line out. This is lining out like a mafia, or even a sex ring. Yes, I read these types of books and love the outcome of such a hot man taking a woman, but now that I'm here? Absolutely not. Every future romance story is ruined from this. We finally stop in front of a smaller home, Jessica fighting against Josh on the porch. I cheer her on from the car.

"Go say hello. But remember, we're watching Veronica." The sound of unlock fills my ears and I bolt from the vehicle barreling into Jessica. Josh lets her go so we tumble onto the ground our arms wrapped tightly around one another.

"Vee!" She screeches into my ear just as I say hers.

"Jess!" We both grapple for each other, digging our heads in to get a better hug. We stay there until the sparking hands of Ares, and the less exciting touch of Josh move us apart holding us at standing. Both her and I spit towards their feet making it known how unhappy we are with them. Fuck these men.

"We have to go ladies." Ares becomes this face of business, no joking or sex innuendo style that he adorned earlier. Both men lead us back to the car setting us in the back. Jessica tugs at the door handle, nothing opening. I try my side, the same outcome presenting itself.

"Child lock." Josh grunts to which Jessica screams. My own frustration is similar to hers, but I keep it internal for now. She has enough fire in her belly to cover both of us and then some.

"Go fuck yourselves!" Her scream hurts their ears, hands moving to cover the one closet to her.

Ares turns to look at her, any confidence she had missing, "Do that again, and I will have Josh gag you for the duration of today." She swallows, I freak. Her fire's put out with a bucket of ice-cold Ares. His anger is solid, the gold hiding any other color within in eyes. What in the hell have we gotten ourselves into?