| XXXXI - Story Time |

Tyson Wells Point of View

The pack avoids approaching me. It's only the Alpha and I that can handle conversation amongst ourselves, all the others prove to be an obstacle in our path, "He dropped this off at the border?" I lift the blood covered letter signed by the fucker himself. The man that stole the ladies I'd sworn my allegiance to right from my fingers. It was a simple interaction. One I hadn't expecting to go south.

I'd gifted her the world unsure on how to say thanks for her choosing me. Attempting to appear calm and collected when they left to go shopping. I'm to blame, "Based on what we've looked over, it's all true. She's a singer." Ares tosses a vase watching it shatter across the beige paint, "I should've done more. Why can't I figure this out!" It's been three days since we lost them. Our wolves are at the brink of senile. Neither Ares nor I can hold this in much longer.

Ares drops into the seat, his head landing in his hands while he mumbles, "I didn't get to apologize properly. I was so horrible to her in her time of need..." His fist falls to the desk cracking the wood from the impact.

"And you think she'd want you here moping about it?" My claws cut through my skin landing on the desk. Ares doesn't appear to care. He looks willing and wanting to die, "This whole situation from the beginning has been a huge fucking issue. You can't figure out how to love her, and she's constantly trying to figure out if it's the bond or her real feelings. Now she's alone in the clutches of someone that knows the power she possesses. For fucks sake Ares, she's killed, she's lost, and she's the strongest fucking person I know."

"I'm not worthy of her."

"No. You're not." I let my canines descend, "And if she leaves you after this no one will stop her. You've ruined the happiness she had before coming to this pack. That guilt rests on your shoulders."

"What do you hope to come from this Tyson?" He's a broken man across from me. The maps, investigation, everything lay around him in a pile of nothing. He's shredded all his efforts in frustration, "What do you expect me to do? I've lost her twice. Almost got her killed, congratulated her on killing my fucking mother... Stole her away from her life... On what level do I stop? When does this obsession fix itself that I can hold her in my arms without fear she's planning to leave me, or someone is going to take her, in those next moments?"

"You left her alone, Ares. She suffered in silence while you fixed unbroken things. The Luna tucked her pain away to sit nicely on her forced throne for you for weeks while you tried to solve problems that weren't worth the time. Once again you put your selfish desires before hers," My claws crack out of the wood when I pull back, "And you're going to do that again? You're going to give up because of your fucking selfish fear of failure? You're going to hold back from saving the Beta Female and Luna because..." I stop. He's not worth it.

"Where are you going Tyson?" I turn to walk out of the office, the very first time I've ever given my back to Ares Gray.

"To look for an Alpha, because I have no idea who's sitting in his chair."

"Fuck you, Tyson."

"I'll be waiting when you're ready." The door clicks closed behind me, the roar of pain echoing through the pack house. Even the servants drop to the ground unprepared for the calling of war. I keep my chin up. His pain doesn't touch me. Ares Gray has proven his inability, and now I'll have to step up to bring Milo and Vee back home.

~

Milo Holden Point of View

I scream out for her again. My brain is broken into two pieces, one side knows that something is wrong with me. It's not normal to crave for a woman so obsessively. The other... it would give its life to have her nearby. My wrists hang off the wall with my legs chained to the floor. I'm nude shaking with need to run. The cuffs are made with a metal that burn into my skin eating away at my flesh as it heals back, over, and over, "You're still alive. How wonderful." The beast king steps forward from the shadows greeting me. The man that comes to ruin me with his fake smiles and horrid deals.