| XXXVIII - Her Blood |

I need five minutes to re-count everything that's happened. First, I was kidnapped by my crazy ex and saved by my ex-friend. That was horrible. I lost my baby by the hands of a jealous friend, killed my mate's mother who wanted to die and earned my respect as Luna, Tyson found his mate Milo who's amazing, then Milo and I try to become friends and end up getting stolen away. From the stolen situation, I've been baited into marking her to shift her forcing her to be loyal to me as Alpha, somehow protecting a child I've never met, and now I stand in front of a dress maker who's claiming I'm the mate of her master.

For fucks sake can someone get me a vibrator and a glass of wine. This is not how this was supposed to be by now.

"You look beautiful!"

"I look staged, and I'd like to go home to my mate."

"Oh honey." She speaks in a sad tone looking back to the little Nova sitting on the bed. She's been cleaned up as well, her hair in tight pig tails with tiny yellow shoes. I understand what the woman's saying. One wrong step and this undeserving child will die, and that's something I can't risk, "I don't know what's going on but I hope for your sake you can figure it out."

"I just want one fucking week that I don't have shit on my plate. Is that so much to ask? I don't want to be kidnapped, almost killed, running naked through a forest, fighting in a ring, or even killing people again. I just want five fucking minutes." I'm breaking and I can feel it. To calm myself I walk over to the child squatting in front of her, "Are you okay?"

She doesn't speak until she's scanned every inch of my face, "Are you, my mommy now? My other mommy was hanging from a rope, and they told me she couldn't hug me anymore. I want a hug."

Holy fuck-moly, "Oh baby." I wrap my arms around her little body encasing her in as much love as I can. The child weeps into my dress clinging herself to me while the old woman frets over our attire, "I'll hold her. Lead the way." The woman doesn't bother to argue leading us from the room and down the grand staircases toward the dining hall. The estate itself is beautiful, but nothing compared to Ares. While the man and I had sparks, I don't feel what I feel when I'm away from him. Being away from Ares is an ache so deep that I think I'm going to bend over and puke. I can only think of him. It leads me to believe that this asshole is trying to play something over on me, but why?

"You look beautiful." His voice meets my ears, his figure coming into vision a moment later, "People call me Xavier."

"I'll stick to the nicknames in my head." I rumble walking passed him into the dining room. Pushing my luck isn't the best of plans but I'm tired of every fucking male walking over me. I want to be home, with ice cream, and now I want a cat, "I would encourage you to explain why I'm here while I'm in a good mood."

"This is a good mood. I expected something better." He laughs taking a seat across from me at the table. The help rush through the room layering food on the plates, then mac and cheese on the plate to the right of me for the child clinging desperately to my bosom, "Put the child down."

"Hey. Nova baby can I put you the seat. You can hold my hand while you eat." I whisper against the child's head. She gives the smallest of nods letting me move her into the chair. The moment her butt touches she death grips my pinky finger waiting to be told to eat, "Go ahead. It's okay. Here I'll take a bite first." That's more for your safety. I swirl the mac and cheese around making sure to mix it well then take a large bite. No death? Good. Then for her drink and the fruit nearby. When I've confirmed that her food is safe, I hand her the food to let her enjoy begging I don't keel over in the next five minutes.