| XXVI - The Servants |

The following morning is much different than others I've had. Ares left early to start his training with deltas, and I find myself laying alone in the bedroom. The help walk in and out attempting to clean the mess I've caused this time, but I'm not in the mood for the noises their making. I guess it's irritable Veronica today. I don't mean to be so harsh lately, but even the healer helped me understand that wolf pregnancies are much more than human. I'll experience everything ten-fold, especially cravings. Today as soon as my feet hit the floor, I want nothing but donuts.

"Alpha just informed us through the pager that you want donuts. Do you have any preferred favorites?" One of the servants peaks her head up from the broom she's using. The device on her hip a message from the Alpha himself. That's sweet. Even in training he made sure to take care of me.

"I really enjoy blueberry cake donuts. And will you get enough for the staff as well? I think you all deserve them after the amazing Lunar Ball. With that, can you buy yourselves lunch later?" I listen to the nice crack when I stretch my arms above my head standing on the side of the bed. The servant nods violently with a large grin covers her face.

"Thank you, Luna! That is so kind of you." She finishes sweeping quickly then rushes from the room to announce the news to the rest of the staff. I'll have to talk to Ares about giving them more rewards. While some of them are rather annoying and this is part of their service to the wolves, they still deserve a special thank you for all they do every now and then.

Is that right?

"Ah!" I scream aloud looking around the room for the man. Ares is nowhere in sight, but I know I heard his voice.

You've developed enough now we can mind link. I'm still on the training field taking a break.

"That is fucking awesome." I mutter walking into the closet. A small bump that looks like a major bloat has formed meaning that most of my outfits are sun dresses and sweatshirts. I don't think it's that noticeable, but after Ares made a comment that wolves stare a little too hard at everything, we both decided that wearing more concealing outfits would be key. The healer scared us both when she mentioned the pop my belly will do towards the end of the first month to accommodate the rapid growth, like a twenty-week pop of a human child. The increased speed won't slow until month three, then becoming a regular increase until birth. Birth.

Are you alright? You seem a little apprehensive this morning.

"I'm fine." I speak aloud because I'm not sure how the mind-link works. He can read my thoughts but putting thoughts into another head is a completely different story, "Just working through some stuff. You know, stressing over the minor details."

No need to worry yourself. I'll handle the wolves at the trials and then we'll finally have some peace to enjoy the pregnancy.

I'd like to enjoy it now.

I think to myself, but it apparently worked regarding our conversation. Ares sends his laughter down the bond. We've knocked out issue after issue together, mostly the strong wolf Ares handling the brunt of the load, but more continue to persist. Now that we've gotten through the Lunar Ball, my main objective is to relax and stay calm. I'm most vulnerable in these early growth stages, and stress doesn't help any pregnancy. However, that feels completely impossible when your friend is suddenly a deceptive bitch and you're worrying about the death of your mate in the coming weeks. Just when you get happy the world wants to take it all from you.

I left a gift on the office desk. Why not go look?

"Huh?" I pull some shoes on and tie my hair back running from the room. The servants make way for me as I barrel down the hallway into the private office Ares keeps at the house. Just as he said, on the desk sits a well wrapped gift box bigger than my head, "No you didn't! Ares." I groan knowing he can hear me. Strutting over to the desk, I drop in the seat pulling the gift close to me.