| XVIII - Melding Of Memories |

He shifts on the couch closing his eyes. I take a moment to study his features and how smooth his face in when it isn't contorted against some form of stress, "How will I know-"

Beautiful. Her hair, her eyes. Everything. His thoughts were my own, taking over any individuality I had. His thoughts, memories, ideas all flow into my mind at once. My palms come up to my temples to squeeze my head. It like a migraine, but much worse:

"Josh, we have to take them sooner than later. My wolf can barely contain himself around her." I- I mean Ares, says to the beta. They are sitting in their office at the bank. Both look beyond tired, neither breaking eye contact with the floor. Josh runs his fingers through his hair pulling at the ends. It's like he's trying to pull the thoughts of Jessica from him.

"We slept together last night, and I was tempted to tell her I love her. How can she not feel this?" Josh grumbles wracking his hands through his hair, Ares shifts in his seat. His frustration mimics his betas. His own hand fisting and slamming down on the table. I can feel the need coursing through him, the want, the everything. It's like I'm his perfect glass of water while he's suffering from endless thirst. Just as they sit across from one another, an important email sitting on the screen, his thoughts are clouded at the thought of my legs wrapped around him.

"I want her to mess up, try to run. Then I can keep her to myself." Ares spits. The wolf is controlling this reaction. The sensation of the animal eating at him, the cracks in his human armor breaking further. The wolf is screaming, beating, demanding. It's a constant claw in his mind to find me and claim me.

"Agreed."

The memories change going father back, the day at the diner when he first saw me.

"Do you smell that?" Ares grumbles looking around, his wolf calls out to him, the Luna is nearby. Another scratch of claws in his head. It's painful, the feeling of its nails dragging down a mental wall. Its demand is constant, unwavering. I hadn't expected such a feeling for him; however, it gives such a perspective to the pain he's constantly in. The battle he's fought to keep from marking me until now.

Tyson rolls his eyes sitting down at the closet table. His rude behavior sets him on edge, the need to discipline him taking over formal thoughts, "Why did we even pick this place? It's such a grease trap." Ares rolls his eyes at the wolf choosing to ignore his Gamma's behavior. Tyson has always been an obvious idiot, but his notable battle skills allow him a snide comment here and there.

"I think my wolf knew we needed to be here." Ares responds tapping his hand on the table.

"I mean if that's what he's telling you Alpha. I hope she's here. The sooner you find her, the less of a stick in the mud you'll be. Maybe grant that PTO I keep putting in for." Tyson snickers pretending to punch the arm of his Alpha.

It was that moment a goddess walked up. Her beautiful locks, perfect shape and drop-dead smile stunning me to silence. My wolf surfaces demanding to greet her she asks for our needs, Tyson orders for the both of us something simple. He knows. Her figure leaves through the sea of people, Tyson waits no time, "Are you going to grab her?"

"You know the rules, she has to choose to be with me." I want nothing more than to steal her away. Grab her now. If I take her, then I can enclose her in my home and show her how much love I can offer. She'll be safe within the walls of my manor. I won't have to worry. She might hate me-

"My wolf could tell she's the Luna. It was terrifying. I almost went belly up the moment she said hello."

I see myself walking back to the table, their drinks dangling from my hand. My thoughts tangle with his, the perspective becoming dicey. It seems to meld as though I'm him, and the memories become stronger the more involved I am. I feel the tears trailing down my face. The way he looks at me is astounding. I'm his everything.