Chapter 4: The Talk

The Orcus Great Dungeon...

This was a huge Labyrinth that consisted of hundred floors. As one of the Seven Great Dungeons, the lower you go, the stronger the Magic Beasts become. A common knowledge for those who played role playing fantasy games.

It was also a great training field for new recruits. That was because it was easy to judge the strength of the Magic Beasts according to the dungeon floor. Moreover, the magic beast to inhabiting the dungeons also possessed higher quality Magic Stones in their body compared to the Magic Beasts in the wilderness.

As the name implies, the Magic Stone is the core that provides power to the Magic Beast. The stronger the Magic Beast, the higher quality the core is. These Magic Stones are used as raw materials to make magic circles. The magic circle could activated as long as it was completed, but the effect was only one-third when comparing the magic circle drawn by oneself to the magic circle drawn by using Magic Stone Powder.

In short, utilizing Magic Stones could effectively improve the efficiency of magic. In addition, the magic tools used in everyday life were also powered by Magic Stones. There was a very high demand for these Magic Stones and it was essential for both the armies and everyday life.

By the way, powerful Magic Beasts with high quality Magic Stone can use inherent magic. Inherent Magic does not require incantation and magic circles. It is the only spell the Magic Beast can use, the same species of Magic Beast will not be able to use all sort of spells even if they possessed magic power. But in place of that, the Magic Beast doesn't require incantation and magic circles to perform the spells. This is the biggest reason one cannot be negligent when confronting the Magic Beast.

Commander Meld led a group of knight, and brought the students to their temporary lodging at a small town named (Holward). The adventurers who wished to challenge (Orcus Great Dungeon) would stay here. Tonight, they were going to stay at an inn managed by the kingdom, which was exclusive for the new recruits.

Ryoko let out a sigh of relief and lie down on the bed. All the rooms were designed for two people, but only Hajime and Ryoko got rooms to themselves.

"Finally, a normal room."

Just before leaving for Holward, Liliana bid farewell and she expects him to be alive without a scratch which made him happy. It felt nice for Ryoko, he hadn't felt this kind of emotion for a long time.

Anyways, tomorrow is the day they will challenge the dungeon. It seems like they will only challenge up to the twentieth floor. This was, even someone as weak as Hajime will be useful. This is what the commander said with his own mouth.

After he made that speech, Ryoko typically ignored the commander and wouldn't be near him for too long. Needless to say the commander also notices this and payed less attention to Ryoko and spend most of his time teaching Kouki.

All of the respect Ryoko gave to Meld was taken back by him. Ryoko felt bad for Hajime, he probably thinks himself as a burden.

Late at night, Ryoko would practice his Enhanced Craftsmanship. He hand't really gotten around to test out his non-combat skill since he was busy honing his combat one.

From several testing, he concluded that Enhanced Craftsmanship was similar to Hajime's Transmutation power. It's capable of either mixing or bonding two items together. When Ryoko had purchased a two different cheap ores he had apperently mixed them together and formed an alloy of some sort. He also discovered that he was also able to manipulate the shape too.

Ryoko decided to do this more often tomorrow morning. He climbed into his bed and was about to sleep when a knock interrupted him.

It came from his door specifically.