(Vol 3) Chapter 6: The Empire and the Heroes (Classmate Side 3 Part 2)

After 3 days of nothing but relax and leisure for the heroes, the imperial envoys arrived.

Kouki, along with the members of the expedition team were faced with leaders of the kingdom and a delegation of priests led by Ishtar were out in full force to receive the five envoys, who were standing in the middle of the red carpet opposite to King Eliheid.

"It was good of you to come, sir envoys. Do well, therefore, to make certain of our heroes' surpassing valour."

"Your majesty, you have our thanks indeed for accepting this sudden request for an audience. That said... May we know the identity of the Hero?"

"Mm. We will introduce him first. Sir Kouki, would you step forward?"

"Yes."

The reveal of Kouki's identity and the others were followed immediately after the formal greets between the king and the messengers, with the King calling him to appear before them. Despite the fact that not even two months had passed, he looks utterly fearless and his broaden body were like that of a valiant warrior. He was unlike this when he was summoned.

If the palace maids, noble ladies and Kouki's fans that stayed behind saw him now they would think he would have assumed that he had transformed into a demi god. Their faces would heat up and a barrage of erotic thoughts would flood their minds. Those who had made attempts to swayed Kouki had just double the digits. However... It would seem like his extreme dense mind had assumed his admirers were just greeting him warmly. He failed to see the lustful eyes and body movements of those who were interested in him. He was without a doubt strong, but he was also one of the most densest people to have ever arrived in this world.

The heroes were introduced, starting from Kouki, who seems to have took the leader position of the hero team.

"Oh, so you are the heroes. Quite young, I must. Pardon my rudeness, but did you truly break through the 65? If memory serves, a monster known as the Behemoth appears there..."

The messenger, observing the aggressive interrogation on the hero took in Ishtar's open manner and cast a rather suspicious gaze upon him. It would also seems like the envoy's bodyguard were also doing the same, examining him up and down.

Kouki, being discomforted from all of the eyes that befall upon him managed to spoke up.

"Well, may I speak? As to whether we defeated it... Ah, would you like to look at a map of the 66th floor?"

Kouki proposed various hard evidence, but the envoy merely shook his head in dismissal and a smile was drift onto his face.

"No, thank you. There is a quicker method than that. Would you have a mock battle with one of my guards? That way, I would be able to see your strength immediately, Sir Hero."

"Well, I don't mind, but..."

Kouki looked back to the king, looking slightly confused. Having caught that look, the king turned to Ishtar for his approval. He simply nodded and with Ehit's authority behind him, it would have been an easy matter to convince the empire to accept Kouki as humanity's leader, but a real battle would be the quickest way to assessed the empire's chosen hero.

"Very well. Sir Kouki, show them your strength as you desire."

"It's decided then. Well, we will impose upon you to prepare a location."

A mock was decided. A battle between the hero and one of the envoy's bodyguard.

Kouki's opponent was not particularly abnormal. He was neither tall nor short, not even any having any notable features that could distinguish him from the rest of the other guards in the meeting.