Chapter 6: The Behemoth

A magic circle emitting crimson light suddenly emerged on both ends of the bridge. On one side of the path, there was a magic circle that was about ten meter wide. The magic circles on the path to the stairs at the other side were only about one meter wide, but there were several of them.

The small magic circles summoned numerous skeleton wielding sword. Their empty eye sockets emitted a crimson light similar to the magic circle, and the eyeballs like radiance looked all around. The number of skeleton quickly increased to the hundreds, yet they didn't stop increasing their numbers.

However, on the other side of the bridge was far worst. The ten meter wide magic circle summoned a ten meter tall four-legged beast that was wearing something similar to a helmet. The magic beast had eyes that glowed crimson light, sharp claws that could easily pierce through a human like butter, fangs that sounded like clang of metals when they collided, and the blazing horn that extended from the helmet...

When Commander Meld muttered the word "Behemoth" to himself, the Behemoth took a deep breathe before letting out a ear-piercing roar

"Gurua~a~a~aaaaa!!"

The road caused Commander Meld to his senses, he quickly started to issue commands to everyone.

"Alan! Lead the students to the stair and break through those Skeleton Soldiers! Kyle, Ivan, Gale! I need you guys to make a barrier as big as you can! We need to stop that monster here! Kouki, hurry and get to the stairs with the others!"

"Wait a moment, Meld-san! We'll fight too! Isn't that dinosaur-like monster the most dangerous? We'll also......"

"Fool! If that's really a Behemoth, you guys won't stand a chance at your current state! That monster is a magic beast from 65th floor. A long time ago, even the adventurer that was once known as the "strongest" was unable to defeat this monster! Just make a run for it! I can't let you guys die!"

Although Kouki hesitate for a moment after seeing Commander Meld's grave expression, he still stood his ground with, "I can't just abandon you guys!" When Kouki was about to say, "Let's think of a way to let everyone escape safely", the Behemoth let out a roar and started to charge towards at them.

At this rate, the students who were retreating would trampled to death. But the Hairihi Kingdom's military force conjured a multi-layered barrier to prevent this from happening.

"Repel all Malice and Enmity, Absolute Providence from the Son of God, Herein a sanctuary, The Enemy of God Shall Not Pass, (Absolute Virtue)"

The magic circle for this spell was drew on a two meter square paper of the highest quality, and the incantation was made up of four phrases. In addition to that, three people were required to cast it. The barrier could only provide absolute defense for one minute. The pure white semi-spherical barrier stopped the behemoth's charge!

The moment the Behemoth clashed with the barrier, a powerful shockwave erupted from between them. Everything under the Behemoth's feet were destroyed. Despite how the entire bridge was made out of stone, it was shaking violently. The students retreated and let out a scream and tumbled in succession.

The skeleton soldiers were magic beasts that appeared up on the 38th floor. Although, they was clearly different from the magic beasts they had encounter. In front of them was the skeleton army that made one's blood run cold, and behind then was a terrifying aura that pressed in constantly. The students were in a state of panic.

Ignoring the formation, they recklessly rushed towards the stairs. Alan, a member of the knight, tried to clam them down but no one listened due to the imminent terror. One of the female students was pushed from behind and fell down. She groaned as she lifted her head, just to see a skeleton soldier who had lifted their sword over it's head.