(Vol 3) Chapter 3: True History

The magic formation shines faintly and illuminated the room with a mysterious light.

A young man was standing in front of Hajime and Ryoko, and if they looked closely the man was wearing the same robe as the corpse on the chair.

"You have arrived here after overcoming the trials. My name is Oscar Orcus. The person who created this dungeon. If I said one of the Traitors, would you understand?"

It would seem like the person before them was the creator of "Orcus Dungeon" itself. So this place was named after him.

"Ah, please don't ask questions. This is just a recording, unfortunately, it wouldn't be able to answer your questions. For the person to reach this place, I will impart the truth of the world and what we fought for... this is the leftover message. I took this shape. Please I want you to listen...We are traitors but we are also not."

Then Orcus began to tell his story. This story was particularly different to the known history that Liliana had taught Ryoko and what Yue explained to them.

It was a tale of a fierce battle between the Mad God and his descendants.

During the first years after the Age of Gods, the world was filled with chaos. Humans, Devil, and Demi-Humans were constantly at war with each other. Their reasons were varied, but amongst them were territorial expansion, ethnic values, greed, and much others. However, the biggest reason was the "Enemy of God". During that era the races and countries were equality divided. Ea h of the race and country would worship their own god. For their god's oracle, they continued to wage their war.

After centuries of countless battles, there are those who wanted to end this meaningless war. This group was known as the "Liberators" during those times.

They all had a common connection. All of them were direct descendants of the gods that were followed in the Age of Gods. The leader of the "Liberators" had, by chance found out the real intentions of the gods. The gods had urged the wars with the sole goal of having the people be the pawns in their petty war game. When he discovered the truth, the leader set out on a mission. He gathered the most likely minded people who would not stand for the gods manipulation of the people and driving them to their deaths.

They located the place where the gods resided, "World of God" as they called it. There were 8 of them in total, possessing strength of the ancestral times in "Liberators", and with their powerful strength challenged the gods.

However, the plan had failed even before the fight had been commence. The gods were puppet masters of the people, and they had pulled their strings to manipulated the people into believing the "Liberators" were the enemies of the gods that wanted to spread chaos and destruction to the world. People were made to be their enemies. For that reason, complication arose within the group. They couldn't simply raise their weapons against the people they were trying to protect. When the "Liberators" were defeated they were labeled as "Traitors", the ones who forgot the grace of god and wanted to destroy the world.

At the end, their group had been dwindled to the 9 strongest. They were now branded as the world's enemies and they realized that they were not strong enough to strike down the gods. Each of them scattered around the continent and created 8 Great Dungeon to hide in. The dungeon was a trial to find a worthy person to hand over their powers, and with it accomplish what they could not.

Orcus smiles gently after he finished his long story.

"I don't know who you are or what reason you arrived here for. I will not coerce you into killing God. However, I wanted you to know what we stood for. To you, I grant my powers. You are free to use it as you will. Please do not use this power to satisfy the evil in your heart and..."