Chapter 9: Complete Change

Drip... Drip...

Ryoko felt his consciousness return rapidly as droplets of water hit his cheeks and entered his mouth. He slowly opened his eyes to find what had cause this.

Attempting to get up, he was stopped when his forehead hit the low ceiling of the hole.

"Ow!!"

He had forgotten that he was in a hole. From what he could remember, he was slashed by that bastard bear, crawled through a tunnel and passed out. He felt the wounds he had received was closed, it was as if that bear didn't even inflect a single damage towards him.

"T-this shouldn't be possible... I lost so much blood..."

He couldn't properly see in the dark but if he could he would see the pool of blood he had lost. The amount of blood he had lost would have normally killed someone. He suddenly felt something slimy. Ryoko could tell it was his own blood, it had yet to dry. It seemed not much time had passed since he fainted.

While he questioned himself about his wound, another droplet hit his cheek. The moment it entered his mouth, he felt his entire body reenergize.

"What... Was that?"

Ryoko raised his head to see an ore the shape of a sphere emitting light. The ore was buried and assimilated with the surrounding rocks. It was a very beautiful stone. The ore was dripping the liquid.

Intrigue, Ryoko reached out to touch it with his mouth. The dull pain and gaze that his body and mind felt vanished, along with his fatigue. That explains the droplets that fall on him. It seems this liquid possessed restorative powers. His injuries were healed thanks to this stone.

What Ryoko didn't know, was that this stone was the highest grade treasure called "God's Crystal." The crystal is a legendary relic that many considered it to be a myth. Formation of these crystals is a miracle, because it was the crystalization of magical pools that collect by chance and needed 1000 years to form. The crystal here was about 30-40cm in diameter. After it has crystallized, it takes several centuries to saturate it to cause overflowing. That overflowing liquid is called "Sacred Water", and those who drank it would cure any injury or disease. However, the water couldn't regenerate parts of the body, it would still be consider to be a fountain of youth if consumed repeatedly. A story of Ehit healing people with this sacred water in ancient times is often recited.

He noticed that he was saved from the brink of death. The fact that he almost died, send shivers down his spine. He brought his knees and placed his head between them. He had no chance of escaping.

He felt like any rescue would be appreciated, and he might be able to stand up again. However, after that encounter with those demons he felt weak. Those things didn't care about anything except devouring him.

"Please... Anyone help me..."

In this hell, no one could hear his voice...
______________________________________

Four days had passed since he fell into this safe haven. He hadn't move much and the only thing preventing him from dying of starvation was the sacred water. The water could keep a person alive except for extreme circumstances, and it also didn't ease his hunger. Even with this sacred water he still feel his starving sensation.

(Is this how I die?)

He asked himself repeatedly. Although his mind had recovered by drinking the sacred water, even if he suffered from pain and hunger. Unfortunately, due to him having a clear mind, he could feel all the suffering clearly.

(If this torture continues on, I'd rather commit suicide.)

After he uttered those words, he fe uncouncious.