(Vol 2) Chapter 10: Partner's Ability

"Shit!"

"Ryoko... Hajime, Fight..."

"You're too carefree!"

They were traversing through savage grass with Yue on Ryoko's shoulder. These grass were no ordinary grass as they were 160cm in height and were reaching his and Hajime's shoulders. If Yue walked in this kind of field, her entire figure would disappear. Then came the reason why they were escaping through the grass.

""""""Shaa!!""""""

There were nearly 200 demons chasing them.

After the two had finished resupplying, they had advanced 10 levels. Both of their skills and equipment were useful in their long journey, and Yue's magic was also a big help in their progress.

Yue could utilized any magic and the two were a major support to her with their skills. Her barrier and recovery magic was not all that great. Since she had her "Auto Regen", she may have thought it was unnecessary. But it was not a problem as the two had their own healing potions.

This is how they managed to advanced to this present level. The floor had the appearance of a forest, an extensive forest. The lush and dense green trees were over 10m tall, and atmosphere was damp. Good thing thing it wasn't as hot as that tropical level he encountered.

When Hajime, Ryoko and Yue were searching for the stairs to the lower floor, the ground began to rumble. A demon that had an appearances of a huge reptile appeared infront of them. Based on it's features, it looks like tyrannosaurus Rex, but there was a flower on it's head. Sharps tusk thirsting for blood surged from the powerful beast, and the sunflower-like flower fluttered on top. It was a surreal experience.

The tyrannosaurus rex let out a ferocious roar and rushed towards them.

The two students took out their weapons... Before Yue raised her hand.

""Scarlet Spear""

A flame burst out from Yue's hand that spiralled into a spear form. The spear shot and pierced through the T-Rex mouth and penetrated out the back. It's life ended as the surrounding area was melted. A rumble sounded as the T-Rex fell sideways onto the ground, and the flower on it's head plopped onto the ground.

"Damn she's strong..."

Ryoko commented on Yui's immense magical prowess. Hajime, however didn't commented anything and remained silent. Yue seemed a bit incomparably intense these days. In the beginning, she would devote herself to cover Ryoko in battle, but she would also occasionally helped out Hajime if he was struggling. On their journey she started to instantly kill any monsters that opposed Ryoko. It's not like he was angry at her, he was grateful. But, he started to feel depressed for being useless. While the two of them were battling strong monsters, he didn't even do anything in the end. While he was strong, they were significantly much more faster and far stronger than him. Was this why he was depressed? Back home he was the one that protected Hajime from those bastards, beating them up until they either left or gave up. But here, it was the other way around. Could this be it? Whatever the reason is, he needed it to stop and try to get back his confidences.

He address Yue with a forceful smile as he kept Pandora in his hand.

"Yue, great job like always... But, I haven't really done much as you two did..."

Yue turned to look at Ryoko, and he could see a slight proud look in her expressionless face.

"... I want to be useful... Because I'm your partner..."

Seems like she wasn't content with just covering Ryoko. While he was naturally on board with having Hajime as his traveling partner, Yue was another case. During their journey, whenever he glances at Yue she would turn her head away while fiddling with her fingers like an anime school girl. Was she in love with him?