(Vol 2) Chapter 3: Path of Escape

Update:

Hey, there guys! I hope you're enjoying the chapters, but I feel abit insecure because the number of views in each the chapters differ drastically.

So, I'm here to ask how would you rate this story from 1-10? Please tell me.

I also have a question, if Yue is a vampire why doesn't she burn under the sun?

Anyways, Tsugia out! Enjoy the next chapter!
______________________________________

"Damn it, where is it?"

It has been three days since Ryoko got his revenge on the Talon Bear. He had been trying to find the exit that would lead him to the upper floors, as of right now he had finished exploring atleast eighty percent of this level. Eating the Talon Bear had caused his status to have a major boost again, now there was no longer anything that exists on this level that would threaten Ryoko now. This gave him an increase in exploring the floor level. But despite that, he had found nothing.

The exit he's searching for looks like a simple staircase that would lead him either up or down. Similar to the one near the bridge. The Dungeon's structure which consists of many floors will definitely have a path leading to the upper level, but no matter what he did, it was impossible to be found.

Blowing up the ceiling might sound like a good idea, but Ryoko feared he would collapsed the cave.

Having no other options left, he was forced to find the pathway up, but he had decided to go even deeper into the Great Dungeon if he couldn't find a way out.

"Another dead end. The branches have all been searched. What the heck is this? Sigh~"

He let out a deep sigh while concluding to himself that finding the exit was almost impossible. However, he did discovered the stairs leading down two days ago.

The staircase was very poorly constructed. Even though Ryoko called it a staircase it was more like an uneven hill road. It was very dark and there waren't any Green Light Stoned to illuminate the area. It gave off an ominous aura, Ryoko felt like he was looking into the mouth of an enormous monster. He felt like if he go down those stairs, he wouldn't be able to come back up.

"Ha~! As if anything could stop me now! Bring it on you mother f****** demons! If you threaten me, I'll kill and eat you!

Ryoko let out a small laugh, the corners of his lips turned into a fearless smile. He stepped into the darkness without any hesitation.

The level was very dark. Although it was natural for an underground dungeon, all of the levels he had visited atleast had some Green Light Stone. Though some of the levels were dim, it didn't prevent him to see what's ahead. This level didn't seem to have any Green Light Stoned present. He was expecting his eyes would somehow get used to seeing in the dark, but no matter how long had passed, there were no changes. As a final resort, Ryoko took out a Green Light Stoned to serve as a lamp from the improvised backpack he made with wires he had crafted from the Talon Bear's fur.

However, having a slight source in the darkness is equivalent to a ticking time bomb if there were magic beasts around. He held the lamp on his left hand while he armed himself with Pandora on his right.

After advancing for a while, he noticed something shiny within the passageway. He raised his awareness to the maximum. He continued to walk forward while also staying close to the shadows to hide. Ryoko suddenly felt an unpleasant presence from his left. He instantly jumped back and pointed his light source towards the mysterious presence. There was a gray lizard approximately two meter in length stuck the wall, glaring at Ryoko with it's golden eyes.