Chapter 7: Wretched Malice and Explaination

(Can somebody help me out with this. Idk, what's going. This popup sometimes appeared when I'm writing chapters.)
______________________________________

The death throes that the Behemoth echoed soon ceased. The stone bridge emitted a huge rattling noise as it crumbled. Both Hajime and Ryoko disappeared into the abyss along with the rubble. That sight, played for Kaori in slow motion and if filled her with despair.

In her head, the last night's event repeatedly played in her mind. In the room illuminated by the moonlights, she sat here chatting with her brother while they drank his favorite drink. That was the first time they had a long-lasting conversation. Being driven by her nightmares, she paid a sudden visit to Ryoko. Even if he didn't open, she would still tell him about the nightmare. She was surprised when he opened and talking to him had erased her uneasiness.

She was overjoyed when she returned to her room. She later realized how boldly she was dress and she writhe in shame. Kaori felt depressed due to the fact Ryoko didn't even reacted. She felt like she wasn't attractive enough. When Kaori saw Shizuku caught her making funny facial expression, she wanted to pretend it never happened.

On the night, the most important occurrence was the promise she made. The promise that Ryoko mentioned to relieve of her anxiety. Both Hajime and Ryoko disappeared into the abyss, as she stared at both of them. She kept recalling that particular memory over repeatedly.

Somewhere in the distance, a scream can be heard. When Kaori noticed that the voice belonged to get, she grimaced as she was quickly brought back to reality.

"Let me go! If I don't go Nagumo-kun and Onii-chan! I promised! I will... I said I will protect my Onii-chan! Let me go!"

Shizuku and Kouki had to restrain her, because Kaori looked like she would just jump after them. Kaori possessed such extraordinary power that they wondered where she got such power and how could she display such an amount with her slender body. Unlucky for them, she used that power to break free from them.

If she kept struggling like this, she might hurt herself. Nevertheless, they absolutely couldn't let her go. If they let her go, she would jump off the cliff. She didn't possessed her usual calmness, not even a shadow of it, now she had such a frantic expression. No, it might be heartbreaking to say.

"Kaori! You can't! Kaori!"

Because Shizuku could understand Kaori's feelings, she could not find the right words to say. All she could do was call out her name in desperation.

"Kaori! Are you trying to die? It's too late got Nagumo and Ryoko! Calm down! You'll hurt yourself!"

Kouki tried his best to convey how worried he was of her. Kouki was slightly confused on why she called Ryoko her brother. To the confused Kaori that was here and now, these were not the words to say to her.

"What do you mean "too late"? Nagumo-kun and Onii-chan are not dead yet! If I don’t go, they are surely asking for assistances!"

Nagumo Hajime and Ryoko Otonashi were not savable, at least this is what everyone thought. They fell from the cliff into that dark abyss. The composure to accept that reality, the present Kaori did not have it. If anyone was to word it though, she would just deny it over and over again. Ryutarou and the other students didn't know what to do, so they stood there flustered.

At that moment, Meld approached them and struck Kaori in the back of her neck without saying anything. She jerked for a moment, before passing out. Kouki held the now limp Kaori, and glared at Meld. When he was about to start arguing, Shizuku preemptively bowed her head and said.

"I'm sorry. Thank you."

"Don't... Don't thank me. I can't let another person die. We will wholeheartedly leave this Dungeon. I'll leave her to you."