(Vol 2) Chapter 9: Beyond the Past (Classmate Side 2 Part II)

Kouki made the first move.

"Myriad of Soaring Wings, Reach the Heavens, Soaring Flash!"

The curved Slash of light struck the Behemoth with a roar. Before he wasn't even able to injured the Behemoth with his strongest skill called, "Might of Heaven". However, he wanted to show that he wasn't the same as back then, and it was proven.

"Guurugaa!!"

"We can do it! We are certainly stronger! Nagayama left side, Hiyama take the rear, Meld take the right side! Rear guard ready magic! High grade magic!"

Kouki gave instructions rapidly, as a result of Meld's officer training.

"Oh, he gave good instructions without hesitation. Did you hear? All hands, follow Kouki's command!"

Meld shouted and ran to wrap the right side of the Behemoth along with his knights. Everyone started to move at that moment and encircle the Behemoth.

The vanguard quickly planned a line of defense that was crucial in preventing the raging Behemoth from reaching the rear guard.

"Guruaa!"

With a roar the Behemoth stepped into the ground and pulverized it as it charged.

"Like I'll let you!"

"I won't allow it!"

Ryutarou and Jugo, the two biggest members of the class, quickly huddled the a Behemoth and started to wrestle with it.

"The power to break the earth! "Herculean Strength"!"

Using their physical strength, amplified by magic, they took the Behemoth's rush while they feet slide on the ground.

"Gaaa!"

"Raaaa!"

"Oooooh!!"

Each of the three let out a yell and strained their muscles. The smaller humans were not able to completely stop the Behemoth but it was enough to kill it's momentum. It stomped on the ground in anger at that.

The other members didn't miss the chance this brought.

"Supreme flash that cuts all, Absolute Sever!"

Shizuku's battojutsu hut the Behemoth in the horn. Even with a sword artifact that added to the sharpness of the magic, it stopped midway and couldn't complete the sever.

T/N: Battojutsu: The art of the draw. Closely related to Iaido. This is the act of drawing the sword from the sheath and using that motion to accelerate the blade.

"As hard as ever."

"Leave it to me! Grind, Crush, Blast, "Grand Hammer!"

Meld jumped and flung his own sword at Shizuku's sword that was stuck in the middle. The sharp, heavy blow enchanted by magic helped strengthen Shizuku's sword and pushes it forward.

With that one of the Behemoth's horns was severed.

"Gaaaa!?"

The Behemoth goes on a frenzy rampage after the cut. This rampage blew four people away.

"The gentle light that embraces all, "Halo"!"

An innumerable amount of Mets made of clear light sprang forth and wrapped the four gently, after they had struck the floor and lost their breath. What Kaori used was a shape-shifting defensive light magic that killed the shock.

In the blink of an eye, Kaori stated to chant a healing spell.

"Heaven's Blessing, heal universally, "Restore Heaven"!"