.·:*¨༺You are my light༻¨*:·.

Description: Yuta has OCD which basically makes it really hard for him to live his life normally and comfortably. The only thing that is able to make him feel happy and relaxed is his beloved boyfriend and caregiver Doyoung.

(TW: Mentions of OCD compulsions and obsessions; sad fluff)
———————

"Yuta, cmon baby. It's time to sleep."

It was 11 pm already and Doyoung just wanted to go to bed at this point because he and Yuta had had a very hectic schedule today.

Doyoung absolutely adored his boyfriend but there was one small thing which was unfortunately making the two of them struggle very often.

Yuta had a severe case of OCD which would basically make every single one of his days very difficult to go through.

The Japanese had quite the number of obsessions and compulsions and he had no control over them whatsoever.

Yuta could simply not go even a day without doing these repetitive actions which had made their way to his head and were refusing to leave him live his life peacefully.

The Japanese really wanted to go to bed and sleep but he knew that he had a five or possibly ten minute routine his body wanted him to do before even heading to the bedroom.

The worst part was that Doyoung had actually taken Yuta to the hospital a few months ago and his doctor had prescribed him a few selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) which were supposed to help ease his tension up a bit and help him avoid doing his uncontrollable daily routine he had made for himself.

Unfortunately, the medications didn't seem to have an effect on Yuta which had resulted into the couple visiting the doctor again and the Japanese getting another type of medications prescribed to him.

Doyoung was truly so happy when he saw Yuta skipping his routine for the first time in 6 months. However, even if Doyoung would help Yuta with his medications and would always take care of him every single day.. the Japanese unfortunately stopped getting affected by their healing properties.

It was as if there was this force in his brain that was making him repeat every single one of his mental acts and also never let go of his obsessions.

What exactly were Yuta's OCD compulsions and obsessions?

The Japanese actually had quite the number of them and his brain would come up with new things for him to do every single month.

Yuta's OCD was pretty active during day time but it would get the absolute worst when it was time for him to go sleep at night.

All of his obsessions were connected with his compulsions but there was also some that didn't align at all.

He was really paranoid and afraid of germs so he would wash his hands three times before and after having food or after using the restroom.

He had a thing for the way each room was arranged and he could not go to sleep if he was even 1% sure that something was not in its right position and place. He was obsessed with symmetry and perfection.

Yuta also had an obsession with the number 10 and whenever he had to do some sort of an activity that required him to use numbers, he would just always stop at that number exactly, never going past it and never stopping before it.

It was so bad that he could literally not fall asleep if Doyoung didn't count up to ten for him and give him ten kisses on his cheeks.

Another serious problem Yuta had with himself was that he was one that couldn't go on with his day if he didn't talk to himself out loud before making a decision or before just heading to work.